SQL Database Administrator
- Job Title
- SQL Database Administrator
- Job ID
- Green Hills, TN
- Other Location
This position is responsible for providing administration and management of a highly available, enterprise-class database environment. Candidate must have experience working proactively in a team-oriented environment and should also be organized and results-oriented with good written and oral communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent related experience.
- 3+ years experience with SQL Server 2016, 2014 and 2012 including knowledge of AlwaysOn, Windows Failover Clusters, replication, disaster recovery, backup and recovery, cloud technologies, auditing, security.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other industry compliance requirements
- 3+ years experience with Windows Operating Systems. Linux, Unix experience is a plus.
- Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE certifications a plus.
- Application development experience or knowledge of data modeling methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with ERP applications is a plus.
- Experience with server hardware, VMware, Hyper-V and enterprise-class SAN hardware is a plus.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills and the ability to readily adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to manage and execute competing priorities in a complex environment. \
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES HELPFUL
- Provide secondary support, as part of the Infrastructure team, supporting database hardware including large-scale database servers and enterprise storage and SAN hardware.
- Provide secondary support, as part of the Infrastructure team, supporting Windows server operating systems for Database Server Environment.
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily responsible for supporting an enterprise-class SQL Server database environment.
- Review and advise on architecture, database configuration, security and utilization of SQL code and database development and administration tools within the database environment.
- Develop and implement backup and recovery policies and processes including disaster recovery capability. Ensure the integrity of backups and perform or oversee the necessary recovery operations.
- Monitor database performance and optimization including the diagnosis and resolution of database performance issues.
- Develop and implement database security policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide full development lifecycle support in the areas of database design, development, and implementation.
- Duties may also include assuming a primary role in implementation, software upgrades, and other special projects