Systems Engineer Principal Job
Location: Canberra, ACT, AU
Systems Engineer Principal
Seeking an experienced Systems Engineer SETA for a position located in Australia. The successful applicant must provide technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise senior customer leadership on program activities.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Domain knowledge in areas: ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Compute IT Services (Information Technology) Storage IT Services Networking IT Services Software IT Services Data Center IT Services Database Services ITE Services (Information Technology Enterprise)