UI/UX Designer & Developer – Job Description
Summary of Responsibilities
Inuvo is looking for an experienced frontend designer/developer. Our ideal candidate would be able to understand a problem, design a solution, then build that solution in HTML/CSS. A strong knowledge of programming-related concepts like object-orientation, frontend tooling, performance, and browser rendering will help this position bridge the gap between our designers and developers. Along with a strong technical and design background, this position requires someone who is organized and able to delegate tasks for and manage the progress of various frontend-related tasks across Inuvo’s sites and webapps.
- Research and work with development team to come up with solutions to UI problems.
- Work with feedback from both clients and team members.
- Collaborate with Creative team to implement branding across digital products.
- Maintain and improve a large, ever-changing SCSS codebase with responsive layouts and components.
- Work with Dev team to find and fix bugs, integrate JS-based solutions, and provide support.
- Ability to solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision; a full stack designer (interaction, usability, graphic design, HTML, CSS).
- UI and UX design expertise.
- Skilled at designing clean, usable interfaces with an eye on revenue.
- Demonstrated custom web design skills that show creativity beyond applying third-party templates.
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate successfully with people from non-technical and technical backgrounds.
- Mastery of HTML (semantics, intelligent nesting, browser support, new elements).
- Mastery of CSS (large-scale architecture, SCSS, modern layout techniques).
- Mastery of Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, or similar design tool.
- Ability to design and build functional interfaces and experiences in an Agile release cycle.
- Strong visual design skills (up-to-date on trends without falling into fads).
- Strong interaction design skills: wireframing, prototyping).
- A passion for semantic mark-up and standards with knowledge of SEO.
- A working knowledge of PHP and Wordpress (several of our sites utilize this platform).
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android, OSX, and Windows is nice to have.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
- 5 + years commercial software development in increasing levels of responsibility.