General Engineer, FMS, Senior
- Job Title
- General Engineer, FMS, Senior
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
ESSENTIAL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Work responsibilities may vary, depending upon assignment.
- This position supports the Fighters & Bombers Directorate (AFLCMC/WW) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Ohio as a General Engineer, Senior supporting assigned Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs.
- Applies the education, experience, and capability to support the assigned tasks and lead support personnel in these tasks and be capable of independently performing all tasks relevant to engineering support with emphasis on Systems Integration Engineering Support to FMS programs.
- Applies knowledge and experience in engineering principles, criteria, and procedures to Air Force and FMS systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles. Provide products and services to provide general engineering functional support to include:
- Applies an understanding of DOD, AF, FMS and common engineering/scientific principles, processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future AF and FMS weapon systems.
- Applies MIL-HDBK-516B, Airworthiness Certification Criteria, to aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Assists in translating user requirements into weapon system and FMS case requirements.
- Performs technical/mission analyses of existing and future operational requirements, assist in developing system concepts and perform technological/trade-off assessments of proposed designs/modifications.
- Provides rapid response engineering service and support.
- Supports and conduct the system safety engineering program.
- Performs materiel solution analyses leading up to design reviews.
- Produces or support development of draft documentation and presentation materials.
- Provides support to produce or review products that include technical evaluations/plans, engineering studies, reports and analyses, and acquisition strategies/plans/documents.
- Develops and collects technical data and inputs for staff summary packages and executive briefings.
- Supports project team meetings, working groups, and reviews.
- Analyzes equipment and software deficiencies, make recommendations for equipment and software deficiency corrections, and develop, integrate, and test equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Assists the government in the engineering evaluation of prime and subcontractor recommendations for operational and support issues.
- Supports the development and evaluation of program schedules and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
- Performs, as required, an advisory role for program source selections on all engineering related requirements.
- Supports AFLCMC/WW in the performance of disciplined engineering activities to assure Operational Safety Suitability & Effectiveness (OSS&E) for all products and follow the Life Cycle Systems Engineering (LCSE) and OSS&E related direction.
- Assists with establishing, implementing and adhering to LCSE processes to ensure OSS&E compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Aids the Air Force in reviewing and updating the OSS&E Baseline Document and shall support the Air Force in the identification of OSS&E elements, progress reporting of OSS&E metrics, and interaction with other organizations to ensure continued OSS&E compliance.
- Supports the Air Force Integrity Programs, maintain and update the Critical Safety Item (CSI) list, and monitor Airworthiness Certification for Fighter Bomber Directorate aircraft.
- Performs and provides System Integration engineering support in execution of its engineering support mission.
- Provides FMS-focused engineering support to include:
- Applies their knowledge of and experience with System Integration Engineering, coordinating expertise and skills to support the melding of the program technical components and program elements to ensure the elements function together as a system.
- Supports the review and evaluation of Military Airworthiness Certification documentation, coordinating the developed consensus across engineering disciplines and providing detailed status of airworthiness activities to engineering management.
- Provides in-depth analysis of DoD and Air Force policies and processes for FMS and military airworthiness certification, systems engineering and sustainment against accepted industry or military standards for Non Developmental Item (NDI) aircraft as related to providing LAS aircraft to a Building Partner Capacity (BPC) program and other assigned FMS case aircraft; identify gaps and make recommendations.
- Assists with the coordination of the engineering effort to review and evaluate planning for test similar to First Article Test (FAT). Support the development of a consensus across engineering disciplines on the successful completion of the test similar to FAT and shall assist with providing detailed status of the test activities to engineering management.
- Applies knowledge of and supports engineering efforts to include FCA/PCA, aircraft and/or simulator certifications, technical evaluation of contractor efforts, environmental and hazardous material management, system safety, risk management, deficiency report resolution, in addition to assisting with the integration of the system Mission Planning System and periodic update of geospatial data.
- Applies resultant system integration engineering analyses to assist with development of a LAS and future FMS case aircraft SEP, an OSS&E baseline, and a plan to provide engineering support for sustainment activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry’s out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
- Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
- A Senior labor category shall have a minimum of 15 years of experience and an accredited (such as ABET) Bachelor’s degree in engineering. A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Prior experience and training in management of FMS programs desired.
- Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor.
WPAFB, Ohio, United States
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- Candidate must have an active Secret Clearance - Must have an accredited Bachelor's Degree (such as ABET) in Engineering - Must have a minimum of 15 years' experience - Must be able to start quickly