Storage/Virtualization & Compute Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer)
- Job Title
- Storage/Virtualization & Compute Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Storage/Virtualization & Compute Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Senior Systems Administrator with extensive knowledge and in-depth understanding of Virtualization, Linux/Unix/Windows systems, Cisco UCS systems, SAN/NAS storage. Key skillsets include virtualization, automation, enterprise storage, and server administration with underlying technologies from VMware, EMC, Cisco, and Microsoft. Team Member will work as part of a team responsible for the Compute and Storage Tower within our Operations organizational matrix.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced Certification in relevant technologies (Cisco/EMC/Microsoft/VMWare).
- Advanced scripting experience (UNIX shell scripting / MS PowerShell).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve system outages.
- Demonstrated ability with automation and continual process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to document systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other IS team members.
- 5+ years enterprise system support experience.
- Ability to cover 24x7 on rotational basis.
- Ability to work monthly downtimes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Administration – Server / Virtualization / Storage Administration and Implementation (40%)
- Administrate ESX/VMWare virtual server environment.
- Administrate Cisco UCS server environment.
- Administrate Pure Flash SAN storage environment.
- Administrate Multi OS Environment.
- Analyzes business needs, gathers requirements, designs and develops technical solutions, provides detailed implementation plans and documentation. Implements the solution, provides training and handoff to support teams.
- Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and virtualization related business initiatives.
- Acts as a project entry-point for initiatives focused on security, e-commerce, web hosting and internal application hosting.
- Advises business managers and customers of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations
- Creates project implementation plans, production configurations
- Performs cost/benefit studies of network configurations and recommends enhancements and generates documentation required to implement high-visibility large impact capital infrastructure projects
- Research, evaluate, and directs the acquisition, installation, and testing of network hardware for voice, data and video, storage, storage networking, virtualization, compute, backups, synchronization, high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Performs site surveys, systems evaluations, system analysis and assessments of technology and hardware.
- Performs ROI and cost benefit studies. Creates capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests and tracks the progress of hardware & software orders.
- Automates and simplifies the rollout of compute resources, providing an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environment.
System Administration – System Reporting and Maintenance (40%)
- Perform routine maintenance on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health.
- Perform regular reporting on key system metrics to maintain enterprise system health.
- Perform ongoing business continuity and disaster recovery testing to ensure information availability.
- Maintain all monitoring tools including Turbonomics, vCOPS, EMC MNR, Pure.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all systems and services.
- Ensuring and implementing the infrastructure as per the Design.
- Perform asset management of server, storage, and virtual environments.
- Support internal development, E-Commerce, and Web teams in the implementation of content and applications supporting customers and stores.
- Receives escalated issues and is the last level of support (level 4) for troubleshooting networks, VPN, servers and other network equipment.
- Provides detailed root cause analysis (RCA) documentation in the event of a system or process failure.
- Document in detail system architectures for the purpose of Disaster Recovery
- Gathers and provides statistical data for regular executive reporting
System Administration – System Troubleshooting and End-User Support (20%)
- Respond to down server, storage, and LAN/WAN situations as appropriate.
- Respond to alerts generated by monitoring systems to ensure enterprise system health.
- Perform root cause analysis of major system outages.
- Mentor, assist, and support Security and Operations technical teams.
- Conducts periodic technology and security reviews with support staff to address areas of growth or issue.
- Creates and updates template configurations to be modeled for production use.