HRIS Technical Business Analyst (PeopleSoft) - Contract
- Job Title
- HRIS Technical Business Analyst (PeopleSoft) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: HRIS Technical Business Analyst (PeopleSoft)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- 5 years experience with PeopleSoft HCM
- 5 years experience with relational databases and reporting tools
- Proficient with writing native SQL
- Tableau experience a plus
- Advanced user of Excel including extensive use of pivot tables, vlookups, and other analysis functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant area
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and analytical thinker
- At least 3 years’ experience leading and successfully delivering IT projects of medium to large complexity (individual or team effort)
- Demonstrated understanding of basic infrastructure, information security, and system integration concepts
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements, process mapping, and making business process recommendations as well as technical recommendations to solve business needs
- Demonstrated experience leading testing and communication phases of projects of varying sizes
- Demonstrated experience in leading and coordinating RFP and selection processes
- Demonstrated understanding of HR generalist processes, design, and best practices
(50%) Business Analysis, Design, and Project Execution
- Software / vendor selection projects: requirements gathering, process mapping, and fit gap analysis
- New development project: Leads development of requirements documentation and related specifications, documentation and business cases
- Conducts vendor selection process (RFPs, vendor assessments, selection methodology, etc.)
- Leads the collaboration with business customers to define scope for new projects, documents risks and assumptions, develops the delivery approach, and estimates cost and timings
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, functional and technical specifications.
- Responsible for the functional systems design:
- Leads and coordinates project team members through all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Participates in and facilitates system design workshops with the business community to solicit and document requirements (e.g. creation of user stories).
- Researches, reviews and analyzes existing processes and develops strategies for enhancements.
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Participation in architecting the logical design of the system with the technical team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows.
- Responsible for facilitating/brokering communication between project customers and the development team.
- Works closely with the technical delivery managers for overall coordination of project activities.
- Communicates with Development regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Assists with research on software and hardware products.
- Act as translator between business and technical community interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa).
- Collaboratively document test criteria with requestors, developers, and QA teams.
(30%) Decision Support
- Develop queries via the PeopleSoft Client Server Query Tool, the PeopleSoft Web based query tool and native SQL.
- Respond to adhoc data requests
- Assist in preparing data for audits and/or legal requests
- Update/Change and maintain existing Tableau Dashboards as needed
- Analyze disparate sets of information and summarize analysis for business owners
(20%) System Administration
- Support of Human Resource Information Systems including the following PeopleSoft modules: HR, T&L, Payroll, Performance Management, Variable Compensation
- Support inbound and outbound interfaces to/from third party administrators
- Coordinates and performs tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes/systems, and other post implementation support.
- Write user training manuals, help files, and facilitate training sessions for large applications, as needed.