Career Evolutions is searching for a Vice President of Innovation for an exciting and rapidly-growing financial company in Los Angeles, CA. This is an excellent career opportunity paying up to $200,000.
If you consider yourself a self-motivated and daring trendsetter who pays little attention to the way that others say things should be done; if you’re ready for and desire to be part of the financial and loaning revolution; and if you feel a need to see your work translate into direct company growth – then this is the job for you!
You’re a perfect fit for the role if you’re a creative and pioneering individual who enjoys a challenging and groundbreaking team environment. You are able to grow team camaraderie and work inter-departmentally to increase the profitability of current company offerings and create new products to aid in company growth.
• Recruit and select participants, resources, and stakeholders for innovation projects relative to budget, scope, capacity, risks, timelines, and desired outputs.
• Serve as the primary coordinator of electronic and in-person experiences. Work with staff liaisons to coordinate program and meeting logistics.
• Determine necessary resources to create prototypes of identified initiatives.
• Prioritize and manage workload to aggressive deadlines. Ensure timelines, expectations, and deliverables and that the team(s) involved are held accountable to these expectations.
• Work with Marketing and Solution teams to publicize projects, report ongoing progress, and publish final results of projects.
• Present key research and innovation findings to credit unions, system participants, and other audiences.
• Prepare selected projects for potential transfer of ownership. Work inside and outside the credit union system to identify potential collaborators.
• Create partnerships with Fintech/Financial Service providers to jointly work on new projects.
• Review and approve Innovation related payments and expenses and prepare periodic reports of key performance metrics and manage budgets.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, economics, finance, marketing, organizational psychology or related field desired. MBA or related Master’s level degree desirable.
• 10+ years of experience required, preferably in a financial or technology industry.
• Extensive knowledge of the automobile and credit union industries, lending, and software development as well as familiarity with company products, including a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities that exist.
• Extensive project management experience, from initiation and planning, to implementation and ongoing management, to completion.
• Experience in the preparation of project proposals and contracts, and relating the terms to budget and capacity constraints and organizational objectives.
• Experience in the analysis, evaluation and reporting of project results.
• Experience in the development, design, collection, and analysis of information needed to measure progress in terms of the metrics established for activities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that contribute to overall organizational performance and to a positive, creative work environment.