Senior Data Modeler
- Job Title
- Senior Data Modeler
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Senior Modeler (Modeling & Analytics)
The Modeling and Analytics Senior Modeler will participate in the scorecard development projects in the acquisitions and collections areas from the client’s consumer and commercial portfolios. Our client is looking for a hands-on individual to ensure successful completion of all phases of scorecard development from data extraction to model documentation and post implementation activities like strategy development, model implementation and validation support. The models and scorecards will be used to risk rank customers in the client Acquisitions and Servicing activities, to enable improved decision-making for these operations, and will also be used to derive loss estimates in stress tests.
- Participate in collections and acquisitions credit scorecard projects as needed
- Prepare data for modeling, validation or ad-hoc analysis from internal data sources
- Analyze internal and external data for segmentation and validation
- Develop and validate scorecards for modeling probability of default and expected loss
- Complete model documentation post development according to regulatory and compliance rules
- Support model implementation and monitor production activities post development
- Determine, develop and document data requirements, modeling assumptions and model results for best practice methodologies deployed and alternatives approaches considered
- Work with lines of business to ensure models are business-driven and empirically derived
- Communicate with and respond to internal model validation team for risk model approval
- Support risk and servicing operation teams to successfully operationalize newly developed models
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, operations research, or other quantitative disciplines.
- 7+ years of experience in building credit risk models in banking or financial service industry
- Knowledge of financial service products and risk characteristics to support quantitative analysis of credit risk
- Extensive experience with large database system and information warehouse, including experience in query writing and data manipulation using SAS, SQL, etc.
- Strong credit risk model and scorecard building experience
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- FICO Model Builder or Xeno experience preferred