Chicago, IL or Flint, MI
Talent Orchard is seeking an Accounting Clerk who is passionate about making a difference and being an integral part of a firm that is rapidly growing. At Talent Orchard you will have the opportunity to work on the day to day business operations as well as interact with clients, vendors and team members. If you want to be a true well-rounded team player, we would like to talk to you!
You are trustworthy, reliable and meticulous individual who is looking for a place to shine. You know the importance of accuracy, documentations, and meeting deadlines while staying in compliance with government regulations. You are a responsive, approachable, helpful and communicative with the team, vendors and clients. You have a track record of success through your experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You’re looking to work for a company with clear leadership and a reputable client base that has real opportunity for growth.
What You Will Do:
- Manage all accounting activities in the areas of accounts payable, payroll, and account receivable
- Design, document, implement, manage the entire payroll process
- Manage the timekeeping system process for the staff and research and resolve any discrepancy with team supervisors and management
- Work with Supervisor to design workflow process for onboarding new employees
- Design, document a HR and Accounting filing system using google drive
- Administer the general ledger activities including reconciling of account receivable (ACH and Lockbox) and account payable (online payment) to Quickbooks
- Provide accounting support in AR and AP duties
- Work with outside CPA firm on monthly financial statement and year end closing
- Serve as HR Generalist duties such as work with healthcare broker, legal, onboarding and offboarding employees, newsletter, etc.
- Perform other administrative tasks relating to business operations
- Serve as Vendor manager for all suppliers
- Provide weekly activity report to relate the latest updates, challenges and changes to the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong mathematical skill
- Ability to work virtually from home office and travel as needed for company and client meetings.
- Experience with Quickbooks is needed
- 2+ years of solid generalist payroll and accounting clerk experience in professional services industry.
- Ability to read and understand journal entries and the flow of information through a general ledger
- Excellent research and problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, well organized, self motivated with ability to multi-task. Prior experience working internally for or supporting large firms with high volume recruiting
- Solid proficiency and active use of a payroll Paychex system, SAAS timekeeping system, online banking and suite of banking products such as ACH and lockbox
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and adjust easily to deadlines
- Advanced proficiency in Google Chrome (Docs, Sheet, Sheet, Slide) and internet
- Keen attention to detail and documentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #accountingclerk #bookkeeper