Video Deisgner/Editor - Contract
- Job Title
- Video Deisgner/Editor - Contract
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28209
- Other Location
Title: Video Designer/Editor
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a contractor to be part of our Marketing team as a Video Designer/Editor. You will be working within the heart of the creative team, alongside designers, copywriters and web developers to create videos that reflect our creative ability and high quality of work. We are looking for someone who is a team player, and who is enthusiastic about their work.
The Video Editor is responsible for editing a series of approx.. 90 sec product videos. You must have experience reporting to a post-production / management hierarchy because this is not “delivery and done” work and you do not have final cut. We work as a team so you must be open to internal creative input from peers and management, project suggestions, client notes, and multiple iterations of work. To be successful you must take command of time management and take initiative with daily project priorities, schedule, and creative direction. You must be comfortable with short deadlines and quick turnaround of quality material. You must have an understanding of usage rights for image and music libraries, and, must understand the creative ideas and basic larger business needs of the client and apply them to each project from the time of launch. Strong written and verbal communication skills; high level of attention to detail are required to be a successful part of this team.
- 5+ years’ experience working with short-form video editing in a professional environment.
- Online Portfolio
- Experience editing creative short-form video projects that demonstrate strong storytelling skills.
- Experience with storyboarding a video based on the provided script and established parameters
- Experience with Command of digital animation techniques.
- Experience with the latest professional versions Premiere, and Adobe After Effects/Motion.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop CC, various plug-ins, filter packages, and color correction used in conjunction with Adobe Premiere and after effects.
- Experience in VFX and sound programs
- Experience compressing videos to multiple resolutions
- Experience working with a Digital SLR such as the Cannon 5D
- Experience with YouTube (uploading, annotations, tags, etc.)
- Design and edit audience-facing videos for our suite of products.
- Animate backgrounds, endplates, lower thirds, titles, templates and general motion GFX for a large volume of short-form videos in original and engaging ways.
- Ensure post-production activities are completed and delivered on time and meet clients’ expectations in terms of technical and creative quality.
- Ensure source video content will output to the highest quality possible on multiple platforms (requires mastery of several dominant video formats and export codecs).
- Develop solutions for storage, playback, and archiving of media for the company.
- Contribute creative and original suggestions or ideas to improve storytelling, branding, and messaging for projects on an ongoing basis, even those outside a typical editor’s purview.
- Upload, annotate, tag videos in YouTube.
- Sourcing photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to each project.
- May occasionally need to interface directly with more hands-on clients.
- Oversee digitization of footage from DigiBeta and HD Cam (we don’t have decks in-house but you need to know of and manage third-parties who can fulfill orders for us).