Core Applications Engineer (MS IIS, Powershell Scripting, Powershell DSC and/or Puppett) - Contract
- Job Title
- Core Applications Engineer (MS IIS, Powershell Scripting, Powershell DSC and/or Puppett) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Core Applications Engineer (MS IIS, Powershell Scripting, Powershell DSC and/or Puppett)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Technician who has demonstrated knowledge and experience with the delivery and support of core applications within an enterprise framework. Key skillsets include the ability to build, maintain, and troubleshoot a wide variety of enterprise applications and systems in an environment that utilizes virtualization, automation, and enterprise compute/storage. Team Member will work as part of a team responsible for the Core Applications within our Infrastructure Operations organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
System Design, Implementation, Maintenance, and Administration:
- Delivers complex enterprise grade IT solutions with high emphasis on security, automation, scalability, and stability.
- Consults with others on operational requirements, configurations, limitations, and advantages.
- Creates documentation for architectural and operations viewpoints of IT solutions.
- Participate in change management advisory team for review of production environment changes.
- Proactively collaborates with peers and customers to determine areas of focus for optimization and future initiatives.
- Ensures configuration compliance of platforms and environments.
- Certifies integration of peer technical group solutions into existing operations procedures.
- Determines key system availability metrics and designs appropriate alerts for operational monitoring.
- Creates scalable, automated, intelligent management processes for day-to-day use by IT Operations.
- Perform routine maintenance on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health.
- Respond to down server, application, or system situations as appropriate.
- Respond to alerts generated by monitoring systems to ensure enterprise system health.
- Perform root cause analysis of major system outages.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Sets and ensures adherence to our strategic IT vision.
- Perform regular reporting on key system metrics to maintain enterprise system health.
- Evaluate current procedures and processes and continuously develop and implement improved practices.
- Maintain accurate documentation for supported applications and systems and ensure it is available across the teams.
- Manage incidents and requests using the defined ticket management system.
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in large scale, multi-site, high uptime environment.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows server administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure and network best practices.
- Microsoft certification is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with the following:
o Microsoft IIS
o PowerShell scripting
o PowerShell DSC and/or Puppet (very similar technologies)
- Strong documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, solution specifications, and guidelines.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL, Office365, SCCM and Splunk is a plus.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and escalate appropriately with limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or in a team and meet deadlines.
- Ability to cover 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to work monthly downtimes.
- Understanding of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).