Microsoft SCCM Specialist (Core Applications) - Contract
- Job Title
- Microsoft SCCM Specialist (Core Applications) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Microsoft SCCM Specialist (Core Applications)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Technician who has demonstrated knowledge and experience with the delivery and support of SCCM within an enterprise framework. Key skillsets include the ability to build, maintain, and troubleshoot deployment of enterprise applications, operating systems, and patches. Understanding of infrastructure technologies from desktops to servers that utilize virtualization, automation, and enterprise compute/storage. Team Member will work as part of a team responsible for the Core Applications within our Infrastructure Operations organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SCCM Design, Implementation, and Administration:
- Responsible for the design and implementation of Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) at the enterprise level as well as maintaining and supporting day to day support, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Perform planning and analysis for future product releases.
- Responsible for providing detailed technical design documents for the enterprise solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers to deliver automated or on demand deployments.
- Collaborate with Service Desk team to develop, maintain and deploy images for PC’s.
- Implementation of Windows OS and Microsoft application security patch installations to desktops and servers.
- Provide day to day support for activities involving deployment of applications, operating systems, software updates, etc.
- Execute scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications.
- Implement policies and procedures surrounding Information Technology and Security.
- Build complex and dynamic collections, queries and reports as required.
Windows Server Administration:
- Perform routine maintenance on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health.
- Respond to down server, application, or system situations as appropriate.
- Respond to alerts generated by monitoring systems to ensure enterprise system health.
- Perform root cause analysis of major system outages.
- Perform regular reporting on key system metrics to maintain enterprise system health.
- Evaluate current procedures and processes and continuously develop and implement improved practices.
- Maintain accurate documentation for supported applications and systems and ensure it is available across the teams.
- Manage incidents and requests using the defined ticket management system.
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of production support in high uptime environment.
- 5+ years of SCCM 2012/2016 administration, management.
- 5-7 years of desktop / server administration.
- Must have expertise in SCCM and SCCM software update function.
- Experience in SCCM packaging and deployment and agent side troubleshooting / compliance.
- Ability to manage large scale OS and application deployments.
- Experience with system administration and troubleshooting of Windows desktops and servers.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and escalate appropriately with limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or in a team and meet deadlines.
- Ability to cover 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to work monthly downtimes.
- Understanding of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).