Program Manager, Aircraft Safety - Senior
- Job Title
- Program Manager, Aircraft Safety - Senior
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
This position supports the Fighters & Bombers Directorate (AFLCMC/WW) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Ohio as a Program Manager, Safety, Senior.
• Applies knowledge and experience in System Safety philosophy, policies and procedures to Air Force systems, subsystems, and equipment procurement activities, post award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles. The key is aircraft safety (safe-to-fly, sub-system and system test, analysis and evaluation) Program Management.
• Applies a full range of System Safety philosophy, policies/procedures, to perform a wide range of acquisition management activities in support of the existing and future AFLCMC/WW programs and platforms. Applies understanding of current Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Force acquisition regulations, guidelines and processes. Supports the acquisition program management of full life cycle requirements, subsystems and equipment. Applies a working knowledge of MIL STD 882E.
• Support early and pervasive integration of intelligence in force modernization efforts, from concept development through sustainment.
• Promote the use of Modeling Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) throughout the acquisition lifecycle process and foster the development and maintenance of common use MS&A tools useful to the Divisions/Groups/Industry.
• Support to the Directorate/Division Self-Inspection Program (SIP). Duties include, but are not limited to, preparing for the SIP inspection, distributing checklist information to the checklist POCs, developing and maintaining a checklist tracking and reporting system, monitoring checklist completion status, and recommend corrective actions.
• Aid with preparing, maintaining, updating, and reviewing the full range of test and test-related documentation to include the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), Integrated System Test Plan, Integrated Test Team (ITT) Charter, Program Introduction Document, Statement of Capabilities and all other test plans and reports as required. Review documentation for adequacy, specification/performance requirement compliance, conformity with mandatory guidance, and provide recommendations to the Government as necessary for improvement.
• Assist with the development of documents, such as, but not limited to, Memorandum of Agreements/Memorandum of Understandings (MOA/MOU), Statements of Objectives (SOO), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work (SOW), Requests for Proposal (RFP), Mission Needs Statements (MNS), Operational Requirements Documents (ORD), Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD)/Capability Production Documents (CPD), and Analysis of Alternatives (AOA).
• Knowledge of development and test activities required to support war fighter Urgent Operational Needs (UON) and Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUON).
• Develop, analyze, and maintain an Integrated Master Plan (IMP)/ Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) from concept exploration to fielding a system; employ networking software tools and capabilities to support lower tier schedule networking, network statusing, generation of network graphics, assignment of realistic durations and relationships to network elements; evaluate, proposed schedules against government schedules; assess government program office schedules against schedule databases; conduct probabilistic and deterministic risk assessments on both and government schedules by performing a Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) using Monte Carlo simulation based software; utilize various types of scheduling software; integrate and government schedule data with the Fighters & Bomber’s Directorate schedule databases.
• Support Commander/Director Action Group processes including but not limited to: Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Selected Acquisition Reports (SAR) and the Senior Officer Communication and Coordination Electronic Resource (SOCCER).
• Provide support to process and complete Modification Proposal AF Form 1067 activities. Effort includes logging, assigning review responsibilities, tracking completions, providing responses to the using command, and archiving results.
• Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
• Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required
• Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
• Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
• Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
• Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
• Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
• A Senior labor category has a minimum of 10 years of experience and a Master’s degree - OR - a minimum of 20 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
A Senior labor category typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. A Senior labor category may oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
• Must obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
• Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
• May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
Must be able to pass a National Agency Check for identification.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience with Master’s Degree or a minimum 20 years’ experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree
*NOTE: This job description is not all-inclusive of all requirements. Additional duties are/may be required.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
May require lifting (up to 25 lbs)
Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor