Business Objects Developer
- Job Title
- Business Objects Developer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
Business Objects Developer
In this critical role of Business Objects Developer on the Corporate Services team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality solutions using Business Objects. Candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of designing solutions to meet customer demands and be willing to take ownership of problems and work with team members to deliver solutions that meet customer needs. Candidate may be required to evaluate and incorporate other software or databases into customer solutions. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Analyze customer needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions.
- Reporting out of a complex data warehouse for accounting/finance users.
- Design and create user friendly reports for demanding end users.
- Maintain and build Business Objects universes for ad hoc/self-service reporting.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in IT or equivalent preferred; related work may be considered in lieu of degree
- 1 – 4 years’ experience preferred with Business Objects (or related products), preferably in an environment which included a Data Warehouse and/or data mart using a major RDMS (SQL Server and/or Oracle) with a focus on self-service reporting. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Experience managing universe and report changes through environments (development to production).
- Ability to analyze complex problems and business requirements, recommend innovative alternatives and solutions and to implement complex, innovative solutions.
- Able to work independently and under time constraints with verbal or written instructions
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Experience with data warehouses and universes.
- Experience creating and consuming Web Intelligence report (or related product).
- Experience in SQL server and TSQL.
- Experience with troubleshooting non-recurring and performance-related Business Object (or related product) problems.
- Strong written and verbal skills from both business and technical perspectives
- Experience with Accounting/Finance terms and ideas
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with a penchant to provide high quality work
- Must have the ability to work full time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer & work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.