Motivated, Assistant Project Manager— Commuter Rail Division
- Job Title
- Motivated, Assistant Project Manager— Commuter Rail Division
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
- Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Jacksonville, FL; New York, NY; St. Louis, MO; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, D.C.; Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL.
- Privately owned with 50-year history
- Rock Solid – Financially Stable
- Chicago based company with corporate headquarters near shopping, dining, and entertainment
- Over 500 employees
- Long term client relationships
- Strong reputation for safety and quality
Benefits & Unique Aspects:
- Competitive base salary and bonus!
- Company is in growth mode-hiring great people is their #1 goal!
- Team oriented, continuous improvement atmosphere
- Company events that include employee appreciation lunches, annual Christmas party, monthly networking social hour, and in the summer, they bring in delicious food for staff!
- Strong trust and loyalty between owners and employees
- Entrepreneurial Culture: Encouraged to act and think like an owner
- Family first, respect, integrity
- Excellent benefit package includes: medical policy, life insurance, LTD, dental and vision, 401(k) savings plan with Company Match and more
- Also, college savings plan and wellness program!
Your Role with the Company:
As a Junior level PM, you will be a part of the company’s rail and transit division and will assist Project Manager/Sr Project Managers with planning and organizing aspects of their construction projects for the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). This includes signals, train stops, track circuits, train and point operation detection systems, and traction (electrical current) return arrangements. Additional responsibilities include assisting with the design of vital interlocking systems, SCADA/telemetry systems, active level crossings, testing and commissioning new signal systems as well as maintaining signaling and associated supporting systems. You will be a vital part of the project management team in ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget and within the specs of the client’s contract.
- Bachelor’s Degree helpful
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the transportation industry
- Understands the transportation market and can apply that knowledge to projects
- Background in Electrical Construction preferred
- Excellent communicator
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately-owned search and consulting firm, and we have been engaged exclusively to conduct this confidential search. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and we maintain a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information.
Thanks, in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a cell number, for text/voice, and email where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence. We review each resume carefully, and we will both call and email candidates whose resumes appear to meet the qualifications.