Contract- Training Development Consultant
- Job Title
- Contract- Training Development Consultant
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
• Minimum 3 years varied operational experience to include performance improvement OR minimum 3 years developing and implementing educational programs in a healthcare environment required.
• Knowledge of government programs contracts
• Strong Project Management skills preferred.
• Strong analytical, planning, organizational and research skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must possess superior communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and management.
• Excellent presentation and team facilitation skills are a must.
• Must be self-motivated with proven problem solving skills and experience in managing multiple assignments with critical deadlines.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products or other related reporting software required.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to display diplomacy, professionalism and integrity at all times.
• Must be able to travel extensively in various states. Up to 25% travel required.
• Coordinates, implements, and trains clinical and non-clinical staff on initiatives that will enhance the quality and cost effectiveness of our client’s programs.
• Manage the complete life cycle of educational projects (e.g. develops, assesses, plans, monitors, evaluates and reports on project plans).
• Represent the division on selected corporate and business unit cross-functional workgroups and committees and act as business unit liaison with corporate shared service areas.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the business unit and corporation at large.
• Produce, disseminate and revise as required contractually required training including; developing material, securing sites/securing web based training, delivering material as mandated by Plans and any other applicable customers.
• Participate in the development of new training programs to support our client’s program.
• Conducts clinical and non-clinical training for new as well as existing clinical and non-clinical staff.
• Coordination of I/S resources, end user testing and delivery of the following, Facets, Facets Extensions, and CareAdvance. ACTS (Appeals and Complaints Tracking System )and CareCommunications Management Systems
• Coordinates required manuals and materials for training of employees to meet contract requirements as well as NCQA and EQRO performance standards.
• Develops, revises and maintains educational manuals and materials for staff education, including OnLine Help creation and updates
• Extensive travel throughout several states will be required.