Contract- Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Job Title
- Contract- Disaster Recovery Specialist
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
This position is responsible for facilitating and coordinating the development of Information Technology's disaster recovery plan and organizational business continuity plans in addition to related project assignments. The role will assist with management of the Information Technology disaster recovery exercises and provide test results documentation. The role will also assist with the mainteance of Business Continuity Plans including structured walkthroughs and table top exercises with the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Business and IT teams to specify and develop approaches for IT Disaster Recovery for all critical applications and technology services. (20%)
- Coordinate information technology recovery exercises and testing in accordance with company policy. (15%)
- Assists with the development, planning and maintenance of Business Continuity Plans. (15%
- Coordinate Business Continuity Plan Walkthroughs with the business and assist with table top exercises. (10%)
- Develops, plans and coordinates the execution of IT DR tabletop exercises and live testing on both a holistic and component basis. (10%)
- Perform third party vendor risk, project risk, or technology risk assessments. (10%)
- Leads IT DR continuous improvement and after-action reviews. (10%)
- Participates in the planning, testing and execution of Company Emergency Notifications. (5%)
- Participates in the identification of success factors, metrics, SLAs, dashboard reporting, and customer service feedback and improvement process as is relates to BCM generally and IT DR specifically. (5%)
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years enterprise experience in selected technology field.
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology preferred.
- Certifications such as CBCP, DRCP, or DRCE are preferred.
- Knowledge of Diaster Recovery Procedures.
- Business Impact Analysis, estimates and reporting.
- Technical documentation experience
- Retail Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, or ISO
- Knowledge of incident response and crisis management
- Knowledge of risk assessment
- Ability to create KPI's, dashboards, metrics and reporting
- Ability to work on Information Technology sponsored projects, which includes providing necessary documentation, establishing and meeting timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Strong ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Ability to communicate and present to the business and speak in front of people
- Understanding of goverence processes
- Travel and off hour/on call support required (7x24 for emergencies)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.