Payroll Specialist - Contract
- Job Title
- Payroll Specialist - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Payroll Specialist
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is seeking a Payroll Specialist. In this position the individual is responsible for compiling data for the timely and accurate preparation of payroll, including straight and overtime wages, commissions, and federal, state, and local taxes, deductions, garnishments, and off cycle payrolls and manual checks as needed. Excellent attention-to-detail and communication skills are necessary because you will work closely with other departments to ensure distribution of payroll data, accuracy of deductions, and system set-up accuracy. To be successful you must be able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math principles. Knowledge of payroll, spreadsheets, and word processing applications (MS Office) is essential.
- 5 years of experience in payroll.
- American Payroll Association (APA) CPP certification.
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft.
- Previous experience with full in-house processing.
- Processes semi-monthly or bi-weekly payroll including interim runs, and performs actions necessary to determine pay and deductions including Federal and State taxes, insurance, retirement, savings, and other deductions. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Coordinates with HRIS to ensure system updates are tested and functional prior to implementing.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure the accurate reporting of General Ledger (GL) data and garnishment distribution.
- Maintains time and attendance system. Reconciles errors and maintains payroll records.
- Coordinates with Benefits to ensure employee deductions are accurate.
- Prepares Annual Wage Reporting statements (W2s) for employees.
- Trains employees on the time and attendance system.
- Processes monthly and ad hoc reports for management as requested. Compiles payroll data, enters data, computes and posts wages, and reconciles errors to maintain payroll records.
- Coordinates system updates and releases.
- Keeps up-to-date on payroll laws and regulations and communicates any information which affects the employees.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.