Sr. Payroll Specialist - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Payroll Specialist - Contract
- Job ID
- Allen, TX 75025
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Payroll Specialist
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is seeking a Payroll Specialist who will be responsible for processing the Bi-Weekly payroll for 1800+ employees using PeopleSoft Payroll and Time& Labor. This person will be responsible for full cycle processing. We are looking for someone with great customer service and a team player!
- 2 years of experience in payroll processing.
- 2 years of experience with processing payroll using current PeopleSoft application.
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math principles.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Able to calculate Gross-to-Net calculations
- American Payroll Association (APA) CPP certification preferred.
- Processes designated payroll cycle(s) including on/off-cycle runs.
- Uploads Time and Labor files and deduction files for processing
- Ensures all Time & Labor and deduction files are loaded and balanced.
- Processes manual checks.
- Processes Garnishments and Miscellaneous deductions.
- Processes Leaves and Terminations
- Handles advanced PTO and Payroll calculation questions.
- Coordinates with Finance and Accounts Payable on garnishments and banking.
- Coordinates with Benefits to ensure accuracy of benefits deductions
- Ensures all help desk cases, emails and phone calls are responded to in a timely manner.