Network Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Network Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX
- Other Location
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is looking for a highly motivated Information Security professional to fulfill the Network Security Engineer role for our corporate IT Department. In this critical role, you will develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logistical and technical IT security architecture including, providing technical leadership and consulting across the organization and gaining commitment to initiate and participate in projects for implementing these plans. In addition, the candidate will provide support for our next generation firewalls, IPS, VPN, and 2 Factor Authentication.
- Provide planning, design, engineering, implementation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting for our network security infrastructure
- Validation of firewall configuration, rule creation, and assessment of firewall traffic flow (dynamic routing, log analysis).
- Research and assess new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions to ensure network security design is resilient enough to deal with the latest threats and attacks scenarios.
- Develop technical documentation, including standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operations personnel
- Provide design and expert technical input / support for engineering network security solutions based on recognized standards and best practices
- Report on key compliance and operational metrics for the network security infrastructure
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to deploy new or updated technology projects.
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Periodic security assessment of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Provide reliable 24/7 support for numerous facilities
- Report progress to supervisor and project managers, including the preparation of weekly status reports
- Provide Investigation support of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Minimum three years of network security engineering experience
- Experience with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls is preferred
- CISSP - ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional is a plus
- CNSE - Palo Alto Network’s Certified Network Security Engineer is a plus
- CCSP - Cisco Certified Security Professional is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Proven project management and organizational skills specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Competency with network security and information security concepts and technologies
- Solid organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize; ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, consistently changing environment, and respond to urgent situations, as required
Physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day