Contract- Sr. ESB Developer
- Job Title
- Contract- Sr. ESB Developer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
This position is responsible for designing, developing, building, reviewing, and unit testing software and solutions as well as being a liaison with business users and other IT teams to participate in or make technical and functional recommendations. This requires strong technical and analytical ability in any programming language as well as knowledge of REST, WebServices, XML technologies, SOA, and Enterprise Integration Patterns
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions.
• Assists developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and validating solutions that meet business requirements.
• Partners with the business analysts to review and refine business requirements into core system capabilities.
• Prototyping new requirements for the purpose of enhancing technical functionalities and information process flow.
• Meets with technical leads, architects and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, ensure the system is implemented as designed and in adherence to the implementation guidelines. (10%)
• Assists in QA efforts on tasks worked by providing input for test cases and supporting test case execution.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience)
• 4-6 years equivalent work experience in a Software Development position (Java is preferred).
• 3+ years of experience with web service technologies (REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, XML/XSLT etc).
• 3+ years of experience with any Enterprise Service Bus technology. WSO2 ESB preferred.
• 3+ years experience working within unix/linux is preferred.
• Retail experience is preferred
• Strong technical and analytical ability in any programming language. Java is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of REST, Web Services, XML, and XSLT.
• Strong understanding of Software Oriented Architecture.
• Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
• Familiarity with Message Broker technologies (JMS, ActiveMQ, IBM MQ Series, etc.) is preferred.
• Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL technologies is preferred.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.