- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Strong understanding of Web Systems, *nix and Web Development. Requires past working experience with Apache / Any Web Server and enjoys keeping technical skills reasonably current, to the point that he/she can still contribute to architecture discussions. The candidate regularly would take part in Apache configs development, deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues.
Have strong content-based webserver engineering experience. The successful candidate will collaborate to create technology roadmaps with the team for accelerated content-based application delivery. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with administration, custom configuration and support of HTTPD / RedHat Apache server and other Webservers
- Experience with installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, securing, upgrading and patching of Webserver
- Web Designing background or familiarity with html, xml, json, js, css, xslt etc
- Experience with Apache Development & working with modules such as Mod Proxy, Mod Transforms, Mod Rewrites etc.
- Experience with custom webserver configuration such as modules, mime types, character encoding, expire headers, locations and proxy pass configuration
- Scripting experience in Unix / Linux (shell or python)
- Knowledge of Regex & content compression techniques
- Propose and implement enhancements to improve the features, security, performance and reliability of the Webserver environments
- Maintain documentation and validation processes to ensure adherence to company policies
- Excellent verbal communication skills to interface with Business
- Understanding system performance and sizing
- Collaborative and team focus
- Eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools & tricks are needed to get the job done
- Ability to occasionally work off-hours / weekends
Minimum Qualifications/Must Have:
• 1+ years of Technical Experience in Apache HTTPD / Redhat Apache / Any Webservers
• Experience with UX technologies & web content development
• Experience with Unix / Linux scripting
• Excellent Communications & analytical skills
• Effective Time Management skills
• Effective People / Relation building skills