Sr. Ruby Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Ruby Developer
- Job ID
- Pleasanton, CA
- Other Location
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Location: Pleasanton CA
As a Principal Engineer, you will join the team responsible for delivering the next generation high- volume, fault-tolerant, and scalable transaction processing system. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of skills and experience utilizing Java, web service APIs, and database technologies. Apply now for a chance to lead our products and platforms to new heights of functionality and adoption.
- Be a leader and promote best practices to deliver high performance software solutions
- Work hand-in-hand with Solution Architects to build the right solution the first time
- Work closely with Product teams to ensure product is delivered to market on schedule
- Work closely with Operations and Support staff to ensure hand-off post-release
- Design and develop enterprise transaction processing solutions using traditional and emerging technologies.
- Develop products that perform, scale, are highly-available and fault-tolerant with automated failover capabilities.
- Create systems that can be easily triaged to find performance bottlenecks and root cause analysis of failure scenarios.
- Create understandable and automated product deployment mechanisms for development, QA, and production environments.
- Actively supports an agile approach and operates as a core member of an Agile Scrum team including interfacing with key business representatives.
- Participates in all Scrum ceremonies including daily stand-ups, iteration planning, iteration demos and retrospectives.
- Ability to work in a priority-driven environment, managing multiple and changing tasks.
- 9+ years of Java application development utilizing data persistence environments.
- Deep service-oriented architecture and REST service knowledge.
- Experience with Hibernate and JDBC.
- Experience using, tuning, and troubleshooting MySQL required.
- Experience deploying systems in data center and cloud environments.
- Demonstrable solution design for performance and scalability.
- Skilled at driving release management, test automation, and performance testing.
- Experience scripting using multiple of the following: Ruby, Python, PERL, Bash, SQL, etc.
- Experience reviewing code, mentoring team members, and driving great development practices.
- Ability to positively manage work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to assimilate and organize large volumes of disparate, minute detail, and assemble a big picture view.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to rapidly build knowledge of application business area and application requirements.
- Ability to interface with 3rd party solution providers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Agile scrum methodology required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) including RDS and EC2 desirable.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like AnthillPro and Maven a plus.
- Experience working in the Payments industry on credit/debit transactions a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 messaging protocol a plus.