Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Data Warehouse Developer
- Job ID
- Destin, FL 850
- Other Location
The chosen candidate will be responsible for performing all aspects of data warehouse development, to include:
- Work with the project team and/or end users to gather and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Develop data models within the warehouse environment to support enterprise reporting and analytic initiatives
- Develop necessary ETL processes and frameworks to support data movement within the warehouse environment via SQL Server Integration Services.
- Develop analytical endpoints via SQL Server Analysis Services
- Develop reporting endpoints via SQL Server Reporting Services
- Modify existing data warehouse processes and objects as necessary to include best practice standards
- Document internal/external data sources to be considered for use within the data warehouse
- Provide training to end users on various offerings of the data warehouse
- Support ongoing data quality improvement initiatives
- Assist the data warehouse team in developing solutions for data archival and delivery, supporting both internal and external customers.
- Apply business rules and data processes to all data warehouse solutions using both standard and client-specific logic.
- Develop mapping, transformations, and load procedures to process incoming/outgoing data.
- Develop analytical and reporting endpoints to present data both to internal and external customers.
- Develop QA processes to further assist in evaluating process outcomes and data accuracy and completion.
- Develop documentation, where necessary, to support data warehouse development initiatives.
- Provide support where necessary on all data warehouse related matters.
- Function as an integral part of the cross-functional implementation team, assisting as the Data Warehouse Team representative on assigned aspects of the data warehouse projects and processes.
- Build data governance and data quality processes to further advance quality, accessibility, and usability of all data in the data warehouse.
- Work as part of a team to ensure a consistent flow of information technology products and services.
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 5 years equivalent work experience required.
- Expert level experience required in these areas of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 BI Stack:
- TSQL development, to include creation and maintenance of stored procedure, triggers, views, indexing, and other SQL objects, minimum of 5 years.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), minimum of 3 years.
Preferred additional skills:
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) minimum of 2 years.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), minimum of 1 year.
- Demonstrate expertise with data warehouse development and architecture following Kimball based methodologies.
- Have an expert understanding of data governance and master data management principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Must be self-directed and able to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and trouble-shooting capabilities to assess, prioritize, plan, and implement tasks and solutions effectively, including the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be able to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, requiring occasional overtime.
- Additional valued skills, preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of CRM applications and/or the automotive industry is a plus.