Solid, Controller - Growing Manufacturing Firm
- Job Title
- Solid, Controller - Growing Manufacturing Firm
- Job ID
- El Paso, TX
- Other Location
- Lubbock, TX., Midland, TX., Odessa, TX., Abilene, TX., Fort Worth, TX., Amarillo, TX., Albuquerque, NM., Phoenix, AZ., Las Cruces, NM, Alamagordo, NM
- Large, privately owned company with over 40 years of history
- Nationally recognized and award winning safety program
- Diverse client base and multiple divisions
- Uniquely positioned with few competitors
- Over 500 employees and annual revenues around $350 Million
- Unusually high growth potential
Company is located in a town in the West Texas area near Roswell. The town has an outstanding public school system, private schools, state-of-the-art medical facilities, and year-round sports and outdoor recreation. The crime rate is low, mild climate, the cost of living is very low, as well as a rich cultural and entertainment opportunities. Homes in this area are spacious and generously priced. The area has been ranked as one of the safest towns in the nation.
Advantages & Benefits:
- Company is in a stage of transformation
- Work life balance and family are a priority, here!
- Owners are focused on long-term growth and sustainability
- Ethics and honesty are pervasive cultural qualities!
- Incredible opportunity for career growth
- Use your mentoring/ management skills
- Open-door CFO who encourages your ideas and enjoys mentoring and developing their employees
- Have autonomy to make an impact!
- Create new, more efficient policies and procedures
- Respected Position throughout the company
- Unique corporate culture – owners respect and appreciate their staff
- Exceptional Employee Benefits
Your Role with the Company:
In this position, you would report to the CFO and oversee the company accounting controls and financial reporting. The overall goal of this role is to oversee the financial operations, assist with developing and improving policies, procedures and streamlining processes for maximum effectiveness and efficiency. You’ll be focused on leading the team, budget/forecasting, financial statement preparation, and assisting with the ongoing implementation and utilizations of the company’s ERP system. You’ll have four direct reports.
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years managing accounting functions
- Managed a staff of at least 2 to 3 people
- Job Costing experience required
- Strong understanding of accounting software/ERP systems
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Problem Solver
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong management and leadership skills
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately owned search and consulting firm, specializing in accounting and finance, and we have been engaged to conduct this confidential search by the client company. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information. Thanks in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a phone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence.