Sr. Data Engineer/Architect - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Data Engineer/Architect - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66204
- Other Location
Position Title: Sr. Data Engineer/Architect
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer/Architect for our client near Kansas City. Our client is a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services for the financial services industry.
The team provides white label software solutions for mobile devices with a strong focus on native applications for Android and iOS. This role will require you to be responsible for creating, overseeing and expanding the systems we use to gather, store, retrieve and analyze data on how our customers are using our mobile banking products. In addition, the Senior Data Engineer will assist the team in analyzing and visualizing data to assist operating the mobile platform. Any prior experience working in a geographically distributed multi-product software ecosystem is preferred.
The team is made up of 10 members that are mostly located near Kansas City. The right candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and will have an established background as a Senior Data Engineer working in a cross-functional software engineering environment with a desire to build and grow the data-driven capabilities of the mobile banking platform. Prior experience as a Senior Data Engineer in the Financial Services and or Technology industry is preferred. So if you have a passion for building data services and being part of a great product and team servicing millions of customers please apply.
- 6 years of experience in data engineering or a combination of Data Engineering and Software Development.
- Experience creating customer-facing analytics from a variety of data sources.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience creating or working with Data Services APIs that are primarily web service based.
- Experience with distributed data stores.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience developing with Open Source Software.
- Experience in mobile application development.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Messaging/Streaming Platforms (e.g. Kafka or similar).
- Experience with Tableau or similar data insight tool.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Serves as the data steward for the mobile banking platform including both content and metadata.
- Designs and guides implementation of data collection, storage and retrieval for the mobile engineering team.
- Guides the team on data management best practices.
- Helps design and guides the team on message content and metadata for mobile platform services.
- Maintains and improves the quality of the data used by the mobile engineering team.
- Guides the development of traditional internal and customer-facing reports for the mobile engineering team.
- Provides data-driven insights about the mobile platform including its customers, end-users, usage and performance.
- Acts a subject matter expert for mobile platform related data.