Director of Enterprise Architecture
- Job Title
- Director of Enterprise Architecture
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Director of Enterprise Architecture
- We are seeking a well-qualified individual for the Enterprise Architecture Director role.
- Work directly with senior executives of the enterprise to consult, coach, and advise on strategy, business alignment, enterprise architecture, information technology solutions, and the associated impact on the organization and its stakeholders.
- Coordinate resolution of highly complex problems and tasks, selling new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives. Provide technical and analytical guidance to the enterprise architecture team and integrate and translate complex concepts into tactical action plans.
- Direct high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. Leverage a deep understanding of business transformation and processes and organizational structure and experience in developing IT Strategy and presenting to senior leadership.
This individual will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal stakeholders to analyze and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving our Clients strategic business goals.
- Works closely with the Line of Business (LOB) Technology teams and the Executives within each Business Unit to ensure alignment of the enterprise architecture and IT technology strategies with the business strategies and goals.
- Participates as a mentor for community of architects. Ensure effective design and development of solution architectures; employing effective governance methods for transparency and communication.
- Establishes processes for monitoring the roadmaps of Technology's strategic vendors for internal adjustments to the architecture and data management processes, as needed. Identifies creative, technology-based opportunities to improve service, reduce costs, and increase revenues with business partners and vendors.
- Assist architects in the design and implementation of high performance systems with large volume data integration processes, database, storage and provisioning.
- Coordinate technology governance process setting direction for architectural standards and best practices. Provide input to vendor selection results and evaluations.
- Oversees Architecture Assurance process to assess solutions, approaches and designs, project-specific implementation strategies with Solution Architects
- Collaborates with IT development and delivery organization to ensure architecture standards are understood, communicated and adhered to
- Develops return on investment performance measures for architectural decisions
- Three plus years of relevant technology management experience preferably in the Financial Services industry, in Enterprise Architecture and Technology Management programs as well as managing senior level individuals, in a multi-line business environment.
- Experience with enterprise integration architectures and deployment of EIA middleware components (e.g., portal interfaces, workflow orchestration, integration with standard external identify management and fine-grain authorization interfaces)
- Experience designing and implementing large scale enterprise applications and data-centric platforms
- Experience with cloud and platform services, including self-provisioning, dynamic resource allocation and usage metering
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and MPP databases.
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional data integration solutions.
- Experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- MS / BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in enterprise architecture.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with technology experts in various computing domains. Analytics, DevOps, SOA, BPM, enterprise content management experience desireAbility to create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual improvement.
- Ability to create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, and continual improvement.