- Job Title
- Programmer Analyst
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
Design, develop, code, test and debug software. To provide general business and technical support on high complexity software applications & databases for the trucking and logistics department.
- Clarify user needs/business problems and determine most effective programming solutions
- Develop technical and functional specifications, screens & reports
- Design, test, build, modify and support complex applications, interfaces to internal & external systems, and databases using appropriate development tools, programming and scripting languages
- Develop code using appropriate programming languages and toolsets
- Set up appropriate test environments for testing all aspects of new code and move changes into production following established change control procedures
- Lead support of externally developed applications; manage the vendor technical relationship for effective application support
- Participate in projects with IT and business staff to assist or lead definition of project scope, development of project & implementation plans
- Prepare unit test plans and test software; assist users with testing; make setup or program changes as necessary to resolve issues and ensure trouble-free operation
- Troubleshoot issues relating to program setup, user access, security and system functionality
- Create technical and user documentation for testing, implementing, and supporting applications
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate software installation plans
- Assist defining and maintaining compliance with all audit and SOX initiatives.
- Lead efforts to research and evaluate software problems and resolve issues
- Provide guidance and direction to other programmers
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and maintaining major vendor packages and SaaS (Software as a Solution) solutions.
- Strong understanding of the trucking and logistics industry (optional)
- Knowledge TMS (Transportation Management Systems) such as McLeod, PC*Miler, and TransWorks (optional)
- Experience in financial applications such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or General Ledger
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing interfaces to SAP (or other large ERP) systems
- Demonstrated ability running small to medium-sized application implementation projects including creating project charters, project plans, design and functional specifications, risk analysis documents, change management documents, User Acceptance testing, and Lessons Learned documents.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or be key IT participant in vendor selection, vendor management, disaster recovery, and business continuity plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational database concepts and designs
- Effective PC skills using Microsoft Office toolset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of the applications supported and operating system(s) utilized
- Demonstrated advanced SQL capabilities. Experience with SQL Server and SSIS.
- Demonstrated EDI and Crystal Reports capabilities (optional)
- Demonstrated advanced troubleshooting capabilities and using a ticket/incident tracking systems.
- Demonstrated experience database upgrades
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and take on a leadership role