- Job Title
- Product Engineer
- Job ID
- Livonia, MI 48152
- Other Location
At Conexess, we take a proactive recruiting approach that
embraces heavy-lifting on the front end. This process helps us to
identify and deliver only the most qualified candidates. We work
with our clients and/or MSPs to gain a strong understanding of hiring
trends and upcoming projects. We value the importance of understanding
each clients’ culture, workplace environment and overall needs. This results
in strong relationships from the start, which lessens the likelihood of a candidate
backing out of a job offer or leaving mid-project. Our focus, even after a
candidate is placed, is on continued support so that we can help both the
candidate and client avoid or solve issues that arise.
Direct product engineering activities of new or improved designs in order to achieve optimal design proposals which meet customer performance requirements, internal manufacturability requirements, & assembly requirements. Build the knowledge base of product engineering group. Participate in the change control & quoting processes.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
· Responsible for product definition – direct design, release drawings, direct CAE, and bill of materials. Utilize teamwork to guide a cross functional team in meeting customer and internal functional requirements.
· Implement, document, & control changes to the product.
· Provide technical leadership/guidance to the product development team. Lead & document design review meetings, Provide solutions to engineering, manufacturing, and assembly issues. Provide direction and leadership consistent with company and department business plan goals.
· Responsible for channeling technical communications to all appropriate team members. Organize the documentation of engineering data.
· Direct & drive the utilization of problem solving methods for related plant and customer issues.
· Provide an active technical interface with the customer. Obtain customer approval when necessary.
· Lead DFMEA and DVP activities.
· Provide input to quoting and business development activities.
· Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
· Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
· Assist the manufacturing plants as required to achieve productivity improvement and cost reductions goals. Develop an understanding of the cost drivers within a design.
· Interface with customers & suppliers as appropriate.
Reports directly to the Manager of Product Development. Interfaces on a frequent basis with project managers, customer service, design, CAE analysis, dimensional management, tooling engineering, assembly engineering, prototype, and customer engineering groups. Interfaces on an as needed basis with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and launch teams.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in Engineering or Engineering cross discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
· Minimum five (5) years experience in an automotive/metals/assembly environment.
· Possess knowledge of fatigue, reliability, and durability as related to automotive structures and suspensions.
· Skilled in effective team problem solving methods.
· Proven technical ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Working knowledge of BOM, GD&T, DVP, DFMEA, CAD systems, CAE software, APQP, NVH, and engineering materials.
· Solid understanding of manufacturing operations including blanking, trimming, piercing, forming and welding.
· Solid understanding of welded assemblies.
· Ability to visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment and tooling, understand the relationships of factors affecting a given situation, be attentive to detail, and continually seek to improve work processes.
· Knowledge of automated processes including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and control systems and how they interact with each other.
· Working knowledge of: continuous improvement, project management, facility engineering, process engineering, product engineering, equipment technology/capabilities, plant capacity and general problem solving.
· Knowledge of standard quality practices.
· Ability to interpret performance data.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
· Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software and MS Project.
· Ability to read and write in English and to perform mathematical computations.