Site Reliability Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Site Reliability Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Site Reliability Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Middleware/Web Services/App Platform – Design, Implementation, Integration, and Administration
- Work within the standards developed by the Enterprise Architecture Governance Board to engineer, implement, and enforce development standards, policies and procedures. This highly-visible role carries significant responsibility for the execution of duties contributing to the architecture, development, testing and production support of strategic enterprise systems, projects and initiative
- Work closely with the Development and R&D teams to co-develop operationally sound and scalable infrastructure solutions that meet project goals and timelines
- Have experience working with various stakeholders to establish a strategic direction and evolve the Linux & Middleware systems architecture to fulfill the needs of the business
- Technical skills in deploying, maintaining and repairing Red Hat Linux Enterprise server environments built both virtually on VMWare and on bare iron servers
- Technical skills in deploying, maintaining and repairing a Red Hat clustered environment
- Supporting Middleware applications running on Windows platform (MoveIT/Hyperion/Citirx)
- Experience with following technologies:
- App Platform Services (Tomcat/Apache/WebLogic/IIS)
- Messaging Services (ActiveMQ/JBoss/BizTalk/FUSE)
- Automation / Scripting Services (PowerShell/PHP/Perl/BASH/Puppet)
- Platform OS (Linux/Windows)
- Linux clustering technologies
- Services Integration
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML,JSON)
- Database Platforms
- Virtualization Technologies
Operational Excellence – System Reporting and Maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance on all systems to ensure security compliance and system health.
- Perform regular reporting on key system metrics to maintain enterprise system health.
- Perform ongoing business continuity and disaster recovery testing to ensure information availability.
- Maintain accurate documentation for all services with industry standard tools (Jira/Confluence).
- Maintain standards of the Design throughout the lifecycle.
Operations Support – System Troubleshooting and End-User Support
- Respond to down service situations.
- Respond to alerts generated by monitoring systems to ensure enterprise system health.
- Maintain accurate monitoring with industry standard tools (Splunk/Solarwinds) and custom monitors.
- Perform root cause analysis of major system outages.
The ideal candidate will have experience and understanding across a wide array of technologies and can confidently and consistently perform Design, Implementation, Performance Tuning, Service Level Management, Capacity Management, and Troubleshooting in the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability working across a variety of Java application platform technologies including Tomcat, Apache, IIS, and WebLogic.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability working with messaging services across a variety of technologies such as ActiveMQ, JBoss, BizTalk, FUSE.
- Knowledge of a variety of web services and their integration with the middleware stack including REST, SOAP, XML, JSON.
- Knowledge of a variety of database platforms and their integration with the middleware stack including RDBMS Clusters (MS SQL) and Hadoop Clusters (HDFS).
- Knowledge of the concepts and troubleshooting skills for enterprise networks including routing, TCP analysis, firewalls, load balancing, etc.
- Knowledge of the concepts and design principles of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge of the concepts and design principles of Data Governance / Data Modeling.
- Knowledge and experience with Datacenter Virtualization.