Security Operations Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Security Operations Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Security Operations Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position manages and monitors events and performance from host-based security products associated with the company's security controls. The Senior Security Engineer (SSE) will possess strong technical and analytical skills while providing accurate analysis of security-related problems.
As an SSE, you'll focus on Security and work to resolve security needs in a timely manner. These needs may involve investigating and responding to security threats escalated from the Security Engineer group, making change requests to the security configuration and policy of devices, Engineers will be the subject matter expert (SME) on the team for patching, application whitelisting, hardening, scanning and monitoring as well as security metrics for all security platforms, related servers and services on our network.
This opening is to replace someone who recently relocated.
Must have the Skills and Technical Knowledge as a Security Engineer and the following additional skills for the specific role:
- Must have experience with security-related technologies including Active Directory, host-based firewalls, host-based intrusion detection systems, application white listing, server configuration controls, logging, SIEM, monitoring tools, and antivirus systems.
- Must have in-depth, hands-on experience with security features and system administration of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems.
- Must have an understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications servers, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
- Experience or understanding of PCI and SOX compliance standards. Experience analyzing new requirements and making security recommendations based on business objectives.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining security controls and best practices.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to cooperate with other business functions.
- +5 years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, and/or TCP/IP network