Cyber Engineer/Architect Senior Principal
- Job Title
- Cyber Engineer/Architect Senior Principal
- Job ID
- Reston, VA
- Other Location
- Architects, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades COTS/GOTS and custom toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Includes security control design and solution planning at the system, mission, and enterprise level, security-in-depth/defense-in-depth, and other related IAM/ISSO/ISSE support functions.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Researches and evaluates cyber capabilities and new security tools and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy, and to support the offensive and defensive capability design and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues.
- At the Leadership level this is senior technical staff dedicated to transforming customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Required - one of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
- DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Data and Application High Availability Design
- ICD 503 Accreditation
- Modeling and Simulation
- Performance Management and Architectural Trades
- Experience performing information systems assessment and authorization (A&A) as defined in applicable DCID and ICD directives and guidance;
- Experience performing the processes involved in developing and implementing security related directives and guidance for Information Assurance, Information Technology, and Information Management;
- Technical understanding of emerging technologies and their implementation within Government systems
- Ability to effectively coordinate A&A activities of industry and Government information systems to meet acquisition milestone requirements;