- Job Title
- Data Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Data Warehouse Architect will be responsible for the successful delivery of data warehouse solutions and related components. The candidate will have strong modeling, database, and ETL experience.
- Implement and design logical and physical data models, and develop implementation strategy for both operational and data warehouse databases
- Maintain enterprise data management strategies, guiding principles, processes, and standards
- Develop Logical Data Model (LDM) based on requirements and develop Physical Data Model (PDM) from the LDM
- Assist ETL Architect in developing source--to-target data mapping
- Coordinate the capture of the business metadata for the EDW project
- Mentor EDW team, Business Intelligence (BI) team, and end business users on the value and implications of data
- Responsible for setting up and administering all database objects for the EDW and Datamart Erwin models
- Ensuring models are in compliance with Naming Standards & Metadata Standards
- Source System of Record data analysis and preliminary source to target design
- Work with Datastage ETL developers for ETL & DBA for Physical DDL creation, and Cognos Report Developers in report development, report metadata, etc.
- Assist with data quality research and user acceptance testing
- Ability to work as a collaborative team, mentoring, and training the customer on various tools and techniques to build a complete warehouse solution
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level through all phases of application programming and processes
- Works closely with business users, IT management, and staff to identify: application development solutions, new applications or modifications to existing programs, capability to reuse existing code, integration of purchased solutions or a combination there of and the appropriate software development methodology alternative
- Support new initiatives as requested for the DFS Warehouse programs
- Minimum ten (10) years RDBMS development, strong SQL skills, and an understanding of relational data marts using a star schema design. Minimum three (3) years designing, developing, and administering Erwin
- Ability to use SQL to examine data, load data, or modify data in relational tables
- 4+ years of Data Architecture with at least 4+ Data Modeling including (Logical, physical and dimensional)
- 3+ years’ experience with performance tuning of operational and data warehouse databases with 2+ years of ETL tools
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment that often requires shifting prioritization. Deliver on commitments and delight our internal customers
- Needs to be self-motivated and willing to learn complexities of system and from team members