Mac Layer Design Engineer - Long Term Contract
- Job Title
- Mac Layer Design Engineer - Long Term Contract
- Job ID
With the accelerated expansion of wireless devices, the open radio frequency spectrum is declining rapidly and we are ever more vulnerable to unintended interference and potential exploitation. Our wireless research team has patented an innovative solution to this problem and this is your opportunity to work on ground breaking research with a world-class team. We need someone with the technical knowledge, the interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities to help us change the way the world looks at wireless.
The INL is seeking a wireless Medium Access Control (MAC)–layer engineer. The responsibilities include developing RTOS-based MAC protocol and device drivers using BSP packages for mobile devices, system-architecture design, modeling, and implementation and testing of network protocol algorithms. The Mac Layer Design Engineer will collaborate with world-class engineering teams on a wide variety of multi-disciplined projects and will be instrumental in the development of innovative engineered solutions using both current and emerging computing technologies.
Ideal candidate will conduct system analysis and simulation, performance optimization and architectural trade-off for hardware and software implementation; work closely with software and FPGA/ASIC teams in implementation, verification, optimization and testing of designed algorithms. Projects may extend into collaborative research with associated universities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 5 years relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, plus 3 years relevant experience; entry-level or junior engineers with relevant internship experience will also be considered.
- US Citizenship Required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a "Q" clearance (DOD equivalent)
- Excellent understanding of engineering and scientific processes.
- Excellent ANSI/GNU C/C++ programming skill.
- Strong background in embedded software and RTOS/Linux development.
- Hands on experience in Ethernet, WLAN, or cellular MAC layer protocols.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge in authentication, authorization, encryption, and network security protocols.
Idaho National Laboratory (www.INL.gov) is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) committed to providing international energy leadership for the 21st Century. We are responsible for developing and demonstrating compelling national security technologies, and delivering excellence in science and technology as one of the Department of Energy's (DOE) multi-program national laboratories.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Idaho Falls is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. We have low costs of living, border the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, and are surrounded by lots of uncrowded mountains, rivers, reservoirs, trails, slopes and hot springs. Don't take our word for it; find out what Businessweek and National Geographic Magazine say about Idaho Falls, Idaho:
Best Places to Raise Your Kids http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1117_best_places_to_raise_kids/13.htm
Idaho National Laboratory - National & Homeland Security is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)
- Top 100 Best Adventure Towns http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/weekend-getaways/idaho/idaho-falls-travel
- Idaho Falls: #1 on the June 2013 Kiplinger rating for Lowest Cost of Living Areas in the US: http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/real-estate/T006-S001-10-cheapest-u-s-cities-to-live-in/index.html