The mission of Mutual Housing California is to develop, operate and advocate for sustainable housing that builds strong communities through resident participation and leadership development. We strive for a work environment that is marked by honest, responsible and sincere interaction. As a team, our aim is to support each other to achieve individual and organizational goals. An interesting and challenging experience awaits you as a prospective employee of Mutual Housing.
Director of Compliance
- Job Title
- Director of Compliance
- Sacramento, CA 95820
- Other Location
Mutual Housing Management is seeking an experienced Director of Compliance for its Property Management Department, located in Sacramento. The position reports to the Director of Property Management. This position will be responsible for compliance review of all Tax Credit/HUD move-ins and re-certifications, conducting file audits of all properties, providing training to Property Managers, and monitoring compliance with all agency regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve all new move-in files for eligibility and accuracy.
- Review and approve all interim and annual re certifications
- Complete resident file audits for existing and newly acquired properties
- Prepare property audit checklists, audit schedules and audit summaries
- Prepares written responses to outside auditors, reviewers, and investors
- Track and monitor inspections conducted by all housing agencies and investors
- Advise and train Property Managers in regulatory compliance
- Make recommendations for staff training
- Track, log and distribute income limits & rents from all housing agencies
- Continuously monitor rent levels consistent with changes to HUD AMI and city/county utility allowance schedules
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Must have experience with HUD/LIHTC, HOME. HCD, SHRA; preference given to Certified HCCP, SHCM, COS
- Yardi experience is a must
- Must have experience with Word and Excel
- Must be able to stay current of changing regulations and industry standards
- Must be familiar with all Fair Housing Laws
- Must have excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with residents, managers, and portfolio supervisors
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas or responsibility
- Ability to work independently and maintain work pace appropriate for workload assigned
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions in the performance of complex and varied tasks
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation with current automobile insurance
Under minimal supervision, exercises independent discretion in performance of most job responsibilities. Exercises considerable latitude; work is reviewed to determine if objectives were accomplished. Objectives are reviewed by top management to ensure alignment with goals. Establishes project objectives and delegates assignments. Decisions impact success of large projects, achievement of organizational objectives, and influence financial performance.
High school diploma required. College degree, Certified Property Manager or similar certification preferred.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to push/pull object less than 30 pounds, walk, climb stairs and enter/exit buildings that are under construction, occasionally, without normal ingress/egress available.
- Ability to read fine print on documents. Able to speak clearly and effectively, while also understanding others using the English language.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. However, the noise levels at job sites can be high.
- Required to stand and walk, sometimes for extended periods.
- Required to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and relate to concepts behind specific ideas and remember multiple tasks/assignments given to others over a period of days. Able to concentrate on moderate detail in both office and field with moderate interruption.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.