- Job Title
- Backend Engineer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
ONSITE LOCATION- ANN ARBOR, MI
We've developed a groundbreaking Cloud Genome technology, a big data platform to power it, and a slick UI to show it off. Now that we have one of the coolest real-time datasets around, we're looking to expand the team responsible for building the advanced backend that our customers rely on for their business intelligence. This team has a huge impact on how the data we mine is analyzed and interpreted.
It isn't enough that our products be intuitive, engaging, and beautiful - they also need to be reliable and scalable. That's where you come in: You'll work on a small team to help define and, most importantly, build the epic backend to a business intelligence application that allows the user to navigate, analyze, and explore massive data in ways that anticipate the questions they need answered.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with a hacker mentality; someone who thrives in a very fluid environment. This isn't a "connect-the-dots" dev position — our engineers must be able to take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward that elegant result.
- Comfortable working with massive server crushing data and like it.
- Iterative style: Come up with new ideas, present them, build them, validate them, improve them, then do it again.
- Experienced in at least one compiled language (C, Java, etc) and a dynamic language (python, clojure, ruby, etc).
- Familiar with day to day Linux, Git/Mercurial, all from the shell.
- Have obscure technical knowledge that may or may not help you do your job but was picked up along the way.
Why you will want to work here
- Well-funded startup with competitive salary, benefits, and stock options
- Apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Easy-going team with a focus on a fun technical culture
- Awesome workplace — our offices are located right in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor's growing tech corridor, and we have lots of fun excursions to take advantage of our location