Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
The Technical Writer will have experience working in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment where federal proposals responses are developed to federal agency and/or state/commercial Requests For Proposals (RFP). He/She will have the ability to maintain, prioritize and manage a deliverable schedule for proposal reviews and final submission. The Technical Writer will be expected to work with team partners to complete writing materials and to participate in reviews of documents prior to proposal submittal.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of proposal materials in support of a single or multiple proposal efforts
- Interacting with authors from partners and ensuring they are submitting peer reviewed documents in accordance with schedules
- The ability to adapt to changing document specifications and ability to manage a multi-author/multi-reviewer publication cooperatively.
- Technical editing
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the federal/commercial contract bid process and requirements, and skills in analyzing RFP requirements
- Flexibility to quickly adapt when “pop up’ and other high priority needs cause priorities to change
- Experience working under pressure with deadlines is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to understand and communicate technical concepts in a compelling persuasive manner
- Excellent editorial and document formatting skills
- Detail oriented
- Capable of working under tight deadlines, with the flexibility to work on several projects concurrently
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications to produce reports, presentations, correspondence and a variety of other materials.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or Communications with formal proposal development training preferred
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Minimum five years experience in a federal government or commercial proposal environment, with responsibilities for writing, editing and preparing proposal or comparable federal/commercial programmatic experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).