- Job Title
- Electromechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48168
- Other Location
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Summary: Conexess is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical/Electromechanical Engineer. This role requires someone with a strong background in plastics/plastic injection molding and experience working with electronics or electric components. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the Design and development of mechanical and electromechanical components and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products.
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support equipment and tooling modifications to improve safety and reliability.
- Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
- Perform complex calculations to determine performance, stress, thermal analysis, etc.
- Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing products, equipment, and tooling
- Research and analysis of engineering and production issues relative to the requirements and specifications (design feasibility study).
- Participate in large engineering projects by completing multiple tasks.
- Prepare system interface and component technical specifications.
- Prepare component/system Design FMEAs.
- Work with engineers, technicians, and program managers to obtain and/or define system requirements and specifications.
- Perform design reviews and audit progress.
- Support production and quality departments with product validation, initial sampling evaluation, and any other activity relevant to production launch.
- Lead CAD personnel and technician as required.
- Prepare component test specifications and plans.
- Assist with the preparation of system test specifications.
- Guide and support design validation tests.
- Assist with the preparation of design validation reports (DVP&Rs).
- Develop component designs (prototyping and prototype testing)
- Meet cost, manufacturing, and key milestone targets for products designed and developed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3-5 years plus of experience
- Demonstrated competence in the design of mechanical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Experience with product design that include both plastics and electronics.
- CAD experience with SolidWorks, Catia, or similar
- Working knowledge of automotive plastic and metal forming processes.
- Working knowledge of automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of DFA and DFM.
- Basic management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
- Good communication and business relation skills.