Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
Network Cable Technician
- Job Title
- Network Cable Technician
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78006
- Other Location
Title: Network Cable Technician
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Bachelor degree preferred, but will except 2-3 years installation experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to travel to work-sites throughout their territory or in other states as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with Project Managers, Installation Supervisors, Installation Team and hospital staff
- Able to read and interpret schematics (A/V) and diagrams
- Prior cable and connections techniques required
- Extensive knowledge in installation, integration, disconnect, test and turn-up of network and communications equipment including SONET OC3/OC192, DS1/DS3, Rack and Stack /lace and stitch.
- Installing wireless equipment using any combination of external and internal antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable and other appropriate components to standards at customer job sites.
- Terminating wall and ceiling mounted components. Completing Sweep, PIM and Fiber testing.
- Completing site surveys to troubleshoot and design corrective RF and RF/fiberoptic installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage. Report findings to the appropriate staff. Completing job related documentation and record keeping.
- Replace network cards and power supplies on units
- Keep inventory of parts used, and maintain logs
- Install and repair wires and cables
- Work with computers, diagnostic equipment and complex machines
- Troubleshoot by finding the root cause of technical issues and devise a solution for repairing it
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing cable television, internet and alarm services
- Inspecting cable lines, laying ground cable
- Previous installing experience
- MUST be able to lift (up to 50 lbs)