The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Network Cable Technician
- Job Title
- Network Cable Technician
- Job ID
- San Antonio, TX 78006
- Other Location
Title: Network Cable Technician
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Bachelor degree preferred, but will except 2-3 years installation experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to travel to work-sites throughout their territory or in other states as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with Project Managers, Installation Supervisors, Installation Team and hospital staff
- Able to read and interpret schematics (A/V) and diagrams
- Prior cable and connections techniques required
- Extensive knowledge in installation, integration, disconnect, test and turn-up of network and communications equipment including SONET OC3/OC192, DS1/DS3, Rack and Stack /lace and stitch.
- Installing wireless equipment using any combination of external and internal antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable and other appropriate components to standards at customer job sites.
- Terminating wall and ceiling mounted components. Completing Sweep, PIM and Fiber testing.
- Completing site surveys to troubleshoot and design corrective RF and RF/fiberoptic installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage. Report findings to the appropriate staff. Completing job related documentation and record keeping.
- Replace network cards and power supplies on units
- Keep inventory of parts used, and maintain logs
- Install and repair wires and cables
- Work with computers, diagnostic equipment and complex machines
- Troubleshoot by finding the root cause of technical issues and devise a solution for repairing it
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing cable television, internet and alarm services
- Inspecting cable lines, laying ground cable
- Previous installing experience
- MUST be able to lift (up to 50 lbs)