Test Lab Engineer- Electrical (Contract to Hire)
- Job Title
- Test Lab Engineer- Electrical (Contract to Hire)
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client, a global leader in heating and cooling solutions is seeking a qualified Test lab Engineer/ Lab Technician to join their established team. Candidates will be responsible for performing tests and providing detailed technical reports with data. Candidates must have experience with using engineering specifications and operating procedures to perform tests following the test lab process flow. Previous LabView programming experience is highly preferred. 6 month contract to hire.
Test Lab Engineer:
SUMMARY: Will perform to detail technical reports with data, observations and results using Engineering specifications and operating procedure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in the calibration of internal test equipment
- Ensure appropriate scheduling and distribution of electronics testing workload.
- Support test lab technicians and test technologist with electronics training.
- Develop and define new test procedures.
- Analyze test results and provide feedback.
- Recommend, design and build new test equipment as required for performing tests.
- Responsible for performing tests per submitted requests and customer instructions in order to produce reliable and precise data following the test lab process flow.
- Approve test reports as needed.
- Operates lab equipment and instruments following established procedures.
- Monitors inventory levels and orders materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Find, collect and gather information, report generation and maintenance of accurate records.
- Provide opinions and interpretations of test data when required.
- Establish test timelines and equipment limitations and communicate to Customer and Manager.
- Develop and maintain test equipment and software (test scripts, etc) for multiple projects.
- Assist development team in determination of root cause of problems and assisting in corrective actions to correct the root cause. This includes documentation of issues.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements to develop test plan and test cases.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and at least 2 years of position related experience; or an associates degree with 4 years of position related experience.
Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.