- Job Title
- Web Designer
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This individual will combine creative concepts and design with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative site designs, marketing, presentations and motion graphics for all of the business's web properties. This individual should have a bold vision for excellence in web design. This individual will work closely with web usability, content management, technology, marketing and LOB leaders to create a unified, customer driven design direction. They should be highly innovative and inspire commitment to a higher standard. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Solutions oriented with the ability to multi-task and make quick creative changes based on feedback from the project teams.
- Execute high quality web design for all the business's web properties under the direction of the Visual-Technical Design manager.
- Provide design leadership within the design team and across the enterprise.
- Communicate design standards and adhere to all brand guidelines.
- Work closely with content management, web usability to develop designs that meet the goals of the site design and user experience team.
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Experience and Skills requirements:
- Type of prior related experience: 5-7 years’ experience as a Senior Web Designer at a major agency, retail or financial services institution or large e-commerce site.
- Expert knowledge in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is necessary.
- The ideal candidate should have substantial experience designing responsive websites, interactive pieces and mobile apps.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools.
Reporting relationships: Reports to: Visual-Technical Design Manager Scope/Dimensions: Scope of accountability for Senior Web Designer includes all consumer, dealer, business and commercial sites.
Education and certification requirements:
Education level: Required: Bachelor Degree, Masters desired. Minimum: 5 years’ experience in web design, graphic design, usability or related field.
Major Field of study: Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Factors, Web Design, Information Systems or Visual Arts.
Certifications or special training needed: Relevant conference/seminar attendance.
Percentage of time spent on each of the principal Accountabilities in Level Scope:
1. Visual design strategy and execution 70%
2. Technical design strategy and execution 10%
3. Collaborative work with remote teams 10%
4. Client Management 5%
5. Administrative 5%
Technical Capabilities & Department Specific Accountabilities:
- Identify, recommend, implement, and support innovative, accessible, cost-effective solutions for all the business's web properties.
- Partner across related disciplines including, usability, content management, marketing, web application development and vendor managed solutions.
- Experience in an e-commerce, media, or start-up environment with tight release cycles.
- Best-practices knowledge of WC3 and other web design standards.
- Excellent understanding of usability/user centered design, email marketing standards, interactive design principles, and online branding issues.
Required: Online portfolio.