Sr. Technical Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Technical Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Sr. Technical Business Analyst
The Systems Analyst (SA) is the primary liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance. The analyst is accountable for ensuring that clear and concise system requirements are captured and will work with their development and business colleagues to develop functional and technical specifications from business requirements. The SA is also responsible for creating interface definitions and mappings and will assist in testing, issue resolution, and creating required system documentation. The position requires someone who is self-motivated, has a strong technical background, and possesses great communication skills. This position will work as part of a dedicated team focusing on BPM initiatives for the clients Retail Credit Operations.
- Gather, analyze, document and manage system requirements (both functional and non-functional) for technology solutions that address and satisfy business requirements
- Translates business requirements to system requirements and functional specifications.
- Collaborates directly with Business Partners, Technology Teams, Solution Architects, Application Developers, and Testers to ensure they understand the functional requirements of the system.
- Proactively works with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
- Defines internal and external user interfaces.
- Performs technical analysis of business requirements.
- Documents internal and external system interfaces and related mappings.
- Drives prototyping activities that validate business requirements and solution definitions.
- Assists in quality assurance activities.
- Defines detail design components with high level architecture blueprints.
- Coordinates integration activities to ensure successful implementation.
- Completes all required documentation on assigned projects.
- Provides integrated systems analysis and identifies how application/systems interact to support business processes.
- Assists with production validation to ensure technical solutions perform according to defined specifications and business requirements.
- Assists with troubleshooting system production issues when required
- Deputize for the Project Manager where required.
- BS / BA and 8+ years' of related experience.
- Experience with workflow concepts and BPM Software (Appian, Pega, Tibco, etc...) preferred.
- Experience working with MS Office, Clarity, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, and VersionOne.
- SQL query experience a plus.
- Experience with Database (MSSQL and Oracle) connectivity.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experience with Mainframe, SOA and Distributed Systems that require. integration, orchestration, and dependency management.
- Experience working within a defined development life cycle (Agile, Waterfall, etc...).
- Experience supporting applications within the Financial Services industry an asset.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders.
- Possess the ability to multitask, prioritize and work with multiple users and applications while maintaining a professional attitude
- Potential travel within the US.