Technical Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Technical Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Other Location
The Business Analyst will be responsible for initiating and leading short-, medium-, and long-term feature/functionality business and technical requirements that support business plans, products, and strategic business initiatives.
The Business Analyst will be required to work with business stakeholders to create initial requirement specs and work with existing specifications to determine the detailed needs of the App Development Team. The Business Analyst position requires a significant level of coordination and negotiation skills, including the need to simultaneously work with customers, product and sales teams, business partners, and DevOps teams to identify, assess, define, document, and negotiate for the “best” product features and functionality to meet or exceed its business goals. This position requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a cool, calm demeanor that can help focus and direct solutions to problems, strong analytic abilities that allow clear, precise definition of the features and functionality required, and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Work with the Product Development Team, Dealer and Finance Sales, and others to identify, categorize, and document high level business requirements for inclusion in business cases.
- Analyze high level business requirements and develop lower level functional and technical requirements. Various deliverables include System Requirement Specifications, User Interface Specifications, use-cases, mock-ups, process and navigational flows, etc.
- Determine impact of functional requirements through collaboration with other feature team members on various aspects of existing system.
- Analyze and review requirements assessing impact to existing systems and processes in conjunction with the App Development Team.
- Examine integration with existing applications and lifecycle support implications.
- Support design team in the translation of requirements into structured systems design.
- Facilitate requirements and design sessions with both business and technical team members.
- Participate in issue investigation and resolution as appropriate.
- Maintain ownership of a feature or feature set throughout the systems development life cycle supporting design, development, quality-assurance and production support efforts.
- Act as the go-to person for requirements questions and clarification. In many cases, become an expert on specific features and participate in changes even after implementation to production.
- Support User Acceptance of a release or feature including development of Test Plans, Test Conditions, and Test Scripts, validation of the application through participation in the testing process, coordination of User Acceptance Testing and support of end users during execution of User Acceptance Testing.
- Participate in updating training content in coordination with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams.
- Organize or participate in system demos and presentations to various stakeholders as needed.
- Support system implementation/rollout activities, including all necessary pilots.
- Communicate with system end users to gather system feedback and improve functionality.
- Manipulate data with standard Microsoft Office tools to support business case and issue analysis.
- Perform all work in accordance with company’s quality programs, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical area, or suitable work experience.
- Prior experience in the Business Analyst/Systems Analyst realm, with proven experience in one or more significant, complex, multi-thousand hour software development projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Business/Systems Analyst.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with web-based applications required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with RDBMS and knowledge SQL scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with software development methodologies (Waterfall, XP, RUP, or Agile, etc.) required.
- Prior experience in Automotive Retail Finance or other Consumer Finance experience is a plus.
- Web Usability training / testing experience a plus.
- Mobile experiences a plus.