PD Design Engineer - Electromechanical Valves/Pumps (1 Lead Role and 2 Support Roles)
- Job Title
- PD Design Engineer - Electromechanical Valves/Pumps (1 Lead Role and 2 Support Roles)
- Job ID
- Troy, MI 48084
- Other Location
Job Title: PD Engineer (Design/Development) – Electromechanical Valves and/or Pumps (Lead Level - Jr./Support Level)
We are looking for 1 Lead PD Engineer to drive the entire design process. This person will be responsible for the entire product line (Design/Development, Design Documentation, Task Assignment, etc..). We are looking for someone with 7-10 years of experience working with Electromechanical parts and specifically valves and/or pumps. We are getting very aggressive with pay and are willing to talk sign on bonuses, relocation, etc.. Base Salary for this role will most likely be $125K + so we want to hear from you if you are looking for more ($140-$150K).
We also need 2 PD Support Engineers. We will consider recent college graduates for these roles, candidates with 1-2 years of experience or candidates with much more experience as a Support Design Engineer. We just want driven, hard working employees who will be comfortable in a fast paced, self directed (non-micromanaged) environment. We are growing rapidly and need people who can see an obstacle and overcome that obstacle rather than giving up. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and find a solution. Base salary for these roles completely depends on experience but will probably range between $65K-$100K dependent upon schooling/experience.
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Design and development of electromechanical pumps and/or valves.
- Initiate and support design and development of electromechanical pumps and/or valves.
- Electromechanical product components design and integration into a comprehensive system.
- Design valves, pump impellers and volutes using pump hydraulic design calculations, actual sample testing, interpreting computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA).
- Insure all customer performance and durability specifications and requirements are met.
- Support component and end item manufacturing process development and optimization. Parts and systems are to be designed for manufacturing.
- Initiate and support engineering verification (EV), design validation (DV) and production validation (PV) product testing.
- Support product prototype builds.
- Support purchasing with the supplier selection process.
- Support product cost estimating efforts.
- 3 years of electromechanical device design and testing experience preferred. Experience in BLDC and brushed motor design a significant plus.
- Experience in pump hydraulic design and development (primarily centrifugal) a plus.
DEGREE: Bachelors Degree Engineering or (higher) Preferred
- Ability to apply and use engineering knowledge and experience in the design and development of electromechanical devices.
- Practical and working knowledge of valve and centrifugal pump design.
- Knowledge of BLDC and brushed motor design.
- Knowledge in FEA a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D Solidworks CAD a plus.
- Practical and working knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes such as: injection molding, complex assembly, die casting and machining.
- Skilled in GD&T.
- Practical working knowledge of: FMEA, APQP, PPAP, and DV & PV testing.
- Ability to understand and apply automotive powertrain engineering specifications.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have a self starting, proactive and resourceful mindset.
- Good analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Able to understand customer functional and packaging needs and design/develop cost effective solutions.
- Ability to work alone and in a team to determine optimal, robust engineering designs and materials for various products, applications and system components.
- Ability to simultaneously engineer products with consideration to and involvement of manufacturing engineering such that the products are designed for cost effective, robust manufacturing process.
- Must be capable of evaluating various supplier processes and select those optimal for the product.
- Able to determine required EV, DV and PV testing to prove-out/validate designs.