Technical Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Technical Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
Conexess is looking for a qualified Technical BA to work with the Information Technology team in Metro Detroit, reporting to the Enterprise Applications Services Team with primary responsibility for analysis, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of enterprise applications. This position will partner closely with the Business, internal Corporate Services Support staff and IT to provide technical support to solve business problems, ensuring that the business has the entirety of its technology needs met. This will include resolving application integration issues and planning for the selection and implementation of new technologies to service this customer base. This position may be contract-to-hire. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
Conexess is looking for a qualified technical Business Analyst to work with our client's Information Technology team in Southfield, Michigan, with primary responsibility for analysis, design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of enterprise applications. This position will partner closely with the Business, internal Corporate Services Support staff and IT to provide technical support to solve business problems, ensuring that the business has the entirety of its technology needs met. This will include resolving application integration issues and planning for the selection and implementation of new technologies to service this customer base.
This position may be at the Analyst or Associate level, internally.
Duties / Scope:
- Works with internal customers to identify specific user requirements and determine system needs to assure project deliverables meet customer expectations.
- Interviews employees at all levels to analyze work procedures and operational methods for the needs analysis stage of implementation.
- Maintains and resolves requirements issues as they arise.
- Documents current and desired processes.
- Creates functional specifications for delivering customer solutions.
- Interprets requirements, identifies, communicates and documents program objectives and ensures program milestones are met.
- Assists with the development of Requests for Proposals
- Ensures all documentation is kept up-to-date and communicated to the relevant stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Assists in developing training documents.
- Works with IT to deliver solutions.
- Assists in defining the approach for solution development.
- Participates in the design and development/implementation of applications based on requirements.
- Participates in problem solving in areas such as system design, input/output requirements and procedural flow between departments and/or business systems.
- Assists management in identifying and analyzing options and recommends business process enhancements.
- Develops test plans and conducts testing to assure quality products are delivered to ensure all processes work according to predetermined goals.
- Participates in user testing.
- Documents results of testing.
- Resolves bugs and issues with business and IT.
- Provides technical Level 2 support to the end users of applications.
- Provide technical assistance in designing reporting systems, forms and related business tools.
- Monitors system integrations within HR systems for accuracy and completion.
- Develops and maintains HR systems help documentation.
Experience / Skills:
- Experience working directly with IT and business/functional team members to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes and work flow.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM implementation/administration experience highly preferred
- Experience in configuring, customizing, implementing and supporting SaaS business applications.
- Experience in the implementation and analysis of HRIS system preferred.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors and remote resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work on projects requiring organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise.
- Strong consultative, critical thinking and analytic skills with ability to operate independently and build effective partnerships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and can work independently.
- Strong attention to detail, motivated to learn and a quick learner.
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies.
- Exceptional documentation skills.
- Ability to react to changing priorities and strong time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area preferred. Related work experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Strong preference is given to those who have continued to upgrade their skills through education and training.
- Four (4) years of professional experience in IT technical services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Must have the ability to work full time.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.