Software Test Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Test Engineer
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Other Location
Conexess is looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer for our client in Farmington HIlls, MI. The Software Test Engineer designs, implements, and executes automated test scripts, analyzes failure points, performs manual testing as needed and documents issues found during testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and execute automated tests.
- Debug and fix existing automated scripts.
- Checkout, update, commit to and push code.
- Configure the regression framework to run against different instances.
- Execute and maintain manual test scripts as needed.
- Experience with bug tracking and report generating tools.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to the QA Team Lead.
- Experience with Enterprise server environments.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Maintains safety, security and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to design, implement, and execute automated tests and clearly document results
- Very knowledgeable with Java
- Ability to learn new tools
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to learn the software development lifecycle and QA methodology
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
- Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
Qualifications, Education and Certifications (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related discipline preferred
- 5+ years’ experience
- 3+ years of experience with automated testing utilizing any programming language- preferably VB or VBScript
- Experience with Keyword Driven automated testing
- Java programming experience
- UFT/QTP experience
- Test Architect testing tool experience
- Experience with one or more of the following Selenium, Zephyr for JIRA, JIRA, Confluence, Agile Methodologies, XML, HTML, and SGML skills.