PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Industrial Hygienist
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
Our Government client is in need of a Industrial Hygienist to support Occupational Health and Safety Branch Office. The Industrial Hygienist will assist the Assistant Chief in the administration of program requirements. The Industrial Hygienist responsibilities are more challenging and varied in nature and involve some originality and interpretation. Situations outside set parameters are referred to management for clarification. The individual performing in this position must be able to take direction well and work independently. The Industrial Hygienist will assist the client's HQ Divisions in satisfying the overall operational objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform program and organizational analyses for assigned program areas.
- Assist program areas with the development and implementation of new information technology initiatives.
- Monitor the operation and usage of various programs to identify problems and to
- Interpret existing rules, regulations, and Agency policies.
- Consult with operating and administration officials to develop and enhance the program systems.
- Analyze program resource request and determine appropriate levels using current staffing.
- Prepare reports, memos, briefing papers, and other written material for internal use and external use.
- Assist with documentation, revision and or development of program processes.
- Enter, retrieve, and maintain data in specific databases.
- Review documents for accuracy and completeness.
Specialized Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough knowledge of federal and local standards, OSHA standards (29 CFR 1910), National Fire Protection Association Codes and Standards (NFPA 101, etc), American National Standards Institution standards, and National Building Code.
- Knowledge of applicable environmental compliance laws of the Environmental Protection Agency and other regulatory departments.
- Possess the skills and ability to apply safety and occupational health and environmental standards, laws, regulations, and practices to Agency operations.
- Possess a current certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist in accordance with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH).
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the federal government's regulations.
- Must possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience that is related to the duties described above and that has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the work.
- Superior management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship with internal employees as well as outside
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to embrace new systems and process enhancements.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs