Application Support Specialist - BA
- Job Title
- Application Support Specialist - BA
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
The Application Support Specialist - Corporate is part of the Enterprise Applications Services team and serves as the primary support for users in the firm who may need technical assistance with completing everyday back office tasks. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping others and a deep understanding of application technologies, including how technologies and users interact in the real world.
This position will be part of a growing team that develops custom applications and selects third party tools for use by the business. This person will represent EAS as the primary contact for technical support on EAS applications for the rest of the firm and responsible for handling user issues with patience and perseverance. This position will be encouraged to contribute to defining new processes and learn new software and skills as new requirements develop.
This position may be contract to hire.
- Provide firm users with excellent customer service and troubleshooting support.
- Analyze issues quickly, walk them through to resolution, and accurately record details for other members of the team to reference in solutions.
- Build relationships with users through consistent professionalism and empathy.
- Collaborate with application developers and administrators on the team to eliminate bugs and fix preventable issues.
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical support or related
- Excellent customer service skills and empathy for users
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Proficient in web-based applications and database technologies
- Ability to query databases using SQL
- Willingness to learn new technologies and contribute to defining new processes
- Ability and willingness to take and follow direction
- Bachelor’s in IT or related degree preferred
- Continued training and education a plus
- Hands-on experience working with SharePoint and SQL Server preferred; experience with Oracle HCM, Saviom, and Interaction a plus
An understanding of Human Resources and Lead Management concerns and operations a plus