Operations Support Technician
- Job Title
- Operations Support Technician
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
Conexess is looking for a qualified Operations Support Technician for our Data Center Operations team in Chicago, Illinois. This position is responsible for day-to-day operational and technical support in the area of systems & backup platform operations across all data center environments. This position will be required to work the 10:00 AM (CST) – 7:00 PM (CST) shift, and some after hours and weekends
Position Duties / Scope
- Provide onsite and remote engineering and support for all eDiscovery Data Center services, including managing the servers, storage, systems monitoring, replication & backup, as well as the specialized software applications for the EDC/IMS business unit.
- Involved in the design, configuration, build, implementation, and maintenance of computer servers, operating systems, related hardware and peripherals, and specific application software. Analyzes current server and related system architectures in order to design and implement improvements for increased functionality, reliability and performance.
- The tasks handed to an operation support specialist can change even throughout the day.
- Work under executives and perform any duties that are needed for smooth business operations.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
Duties/functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains the integrity of the servers, applications and databases upon which the eDiscovery business unit relies for uninterrupted business operations
- Designs, configures, builds, and maintains computer servers and eDiscovery Data Center specific software applications and services
- Analyzes server and application architecture and configurations, as well as the SAN/Storage solution, and reconfigures systems and data for optimal performance
- Runs and monitors performance queries; designs and implements testing routines to identify and resolve (de-bug) conflicts and potential operating malfunctions, using the eDiscovery enterprise monitoring solution and other utilities
- Troubleshoots and resolves malfunctions with eDiscovery systems, operating platform/database interfaces, servers, configurations, and related equipment; escalates to other technology support resources as needed
- Schedules, communicates, performs, and monitors regular and ad-hoc systems maintenance activities within the defined policies and processes
- Confers with eDiscovery Service Delivery Manager and other eDiscovery and IT resources to identify business unit needs, and with consultants and vendors regarding systems maintenance and upgrades / enhancements
- Estimates time and resources needed for projects and participates in the development of project schedules
- Administers systems security and assigns appropriate access privileges to end-users
- Participates in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system design, configuration, operation, and support policies and procedures
- May set up, install, and upgrade hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- Resolves operational problems within the defined schedules and service level agreements
- Perform, organize, and streamline operational tasks to reduce the potential for errors
- Manage time effectively and adhere to attendance guidelines ; complete work tasks in a timely manner
- Address business and customer issues promptly and accurately
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Technologies / Skills / Experience
- 3 - 4 years’ experience in a technical support capacity
- Microsoft Windows Server OS (W2k3\W2k08\W2k12); MCSE Certification is a plus
- Experience in larger data center operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations, preferred
- Experience with supporting the daily operations and management of SAN solutions; prefer experience with Microsoft Distributed Files Services (DFS)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions; Indicative preferred; SCOM, SCCM or other equivalent solutions considered
- Experience with supporting the daily operations and management of Two Factor Authentication solutions; prefer experience with DUO or RSA
- Communication skills and the ability to rapidly record information verbatim are important.
- Must have the ability to work full time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or a mix of education and extensive work experience demonstrating superior skills and accomplishments.