Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician/Engineer
2 Openings - 1 day shift (6AM-6PM) and 1 night shift (6PM-6AM)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
NOC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and Troubleshoot Networks
- Ensure the proper operations of software, hardware, network, and infrastructure.
- Field incoming calls, help clients troubleshoot networking issues, diagnose network and server problems, and provide resolutions.
- Answer client questions regarding network features and services.
- Monitor data center infrastructure to ensure proper environmental state is maintained.
- Update monitoring tools when commissioning new infrastructure, services, or applications
- Provide Preventative Maintenance of Network Equipment
- Oversee the preventative maintenance of all networking equipment for various industries.
- Repair and replace switches and routers, configure new servers, run tests, and perform upgrades to hardware and software to make sure networks run with no interruption due to failures or outages.
- Review/update processes and procedures for all infrastructure, systems, and services.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the health, performance, security, and management of all systems
- Incident Release Management
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents in support of Tier model and SLAs.
- Log and document all incidents using the defined ticket management system.
- Manage incidents and coordinate releases as defined by procedural documentation (e.g. coordinate all bridge calls, provide updates to technical staff and management, coordinate with vendors, etc.).
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Perform notification and escalation processes based on Tier requirements.
- Perform and document post-release testing and provide feedback to the release teams.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
- Operational Reporting, Process Execution and Ad-Hoc Project Management
- Perform scheduled (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) validation of various enterprise systems.
- Perform defined operational processes and reporting.
- Perform add/change/delete as required to ensure accurate and robust monitoring solutions.
- Document processes, SOPs, etc. to ensure accurate information is available across the team.
- Perform installs and upgrades for various NOC technologies.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
Success in this field depends on one’s ability to diagnose and resolve issues using technical abilities, computer knowledge, and analytical skills. Candidates for these types of jobs should display the following:
- Familiarity with networking technology – understanding how networking technologies work and the ability to replace and install routers, switches, and other equipment is vital for NOC technicians
- Computer skills – Must have knowledge of computer operating systems, databases, software engineering, and wireless technologies
- Customer service – resolving customer networking issues in a timely and successful manner
- Troubleshooting – Employ troubleshooting skills for every phone call to determine the cause of network issues
- Analytical thinking – Analyzing given information about network problems to arrive at real solutions
- Problem-solving skills – after diagnosing network problems to provide effective resolutions
- Communication skills – strong verbal and written communication skills are essential; listening skills are needed to understand client concerns and issues