Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer - Contract
- Job Title
- Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Position Title: Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer
***Shift - Day shift (6AM-6PM). Two week schedule would consist of a 3 day week followed by a 4 day week. Friday is rotating - meaning these hires will work every other Friday and then one weekend day ever week as well.***
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Technician with knowledge and hands on experience working in a 24x7x365 enterprise Network Operations Center with demonstrated capabilities to perform effective diagnosis / triage, manage critical incidents, and maintain key operational tools and processes to ensure overall availability, performance, health, and security of all services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Availability and Performance Monitoring
- Monitor and analyze revenue-generating and business-critical platforms (including software, hardware, network, and infrastructure) to ensure availability and performance.
- Monitor data center infrastructure to ensure proper environmental state is maintained.
- Update monitoring tools when commissioning new infrastructure, services, or applications.
- Periodically review/update processes and procedures for all infrastructure, systems, and services.
- Perform regular audits to ensure the health, performance, security, and management of all systems.
Incident and Release Management
- Identify, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents in support of Tier model and SLAs.
- Log and document all incidents using the defined ticket management system.
- Manage incidents and coordinate releases as defined by procedural documentation (e.g. coordinate all bridge calls, provide updates to technical staff and management, coordinate with vendors, etc.).
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication through various methods.
- Perform notification and escalation processes based on Tier requirements.
- Perform and document post-release testing and provide feedback to the release teams.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications.
Operational Reporting, Process Execution, and Ad-Hoc Project Management
- Perform scheduled (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) validation of various enterprise systems.
- Perform defined operational processes and reporting.
- Perform add/change/delete as required to ensure accurate and robust monitoring solutions.
- Document processes, SOPs, etc. to ensure accurate information is available across the team.
- Perform installs and upgrades for various NOC technologies.
- Assist with projects and maintenance on infrastructure, systems, and services, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of production support in high uptime environment.
- 5+ years of Network Operations or System Administration.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts (6AM-6PM or 6PM-6AM if desired), including weekends, to cover 24x7x365 support schedule.
- Must have experience with monitoring technologies including Splunk, SolarWinds. Knowledge in AlertSite and Site24x7 a plus.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining monitoring policies and best practices.
- Must have monitoring and troubleshooting experience for business-critical and revenue-generating platforms.
- Must have hands on experience with system administration and troubleshooting of Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and escalate event situations appropriately with limited direction.
- Ability to work independently or in a team and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of Infrastructure environments – VMware, storage, networks, databases, etc.
- Understanding of industry standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).
- Experience in Java and UNIX shell or MS Powershell scripts.