Knowledgeable, Estimator – Specialty Construction Firm
- Job Title
- Knowledgeable, Estimator – Specialty Construction Firm
- Job ID
- Marengo , IL
- Other Location
- Large, privately owned construction related company
- Founded over 25 years ago
- Financially stable and consistently profitable for the last 20 years
- Uniquely positioned with few competitors
- Over 900 employees
- Unusually high growth potential
- Work Life Balance and Family are a Priority
Advantages & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Exposure to entire bid process
- Opportunity to advance within Estimating or into Project Management
- Have fun at work!
- Unique corporate culture where everyone is committed to family, values, respect, integrity, teamwork and constant improvement
- Employee input is encouraged in all areas
- Sustainability and environment friendly policies are a priority
- Company leverages the latest technology
- Humanitarian Spirit—gives back to the community
- Values of Ethics and Integrity are the basis of corporate values
- Benefits – High percentage of premiums paid by employer, 401K and more….
Your Role with the Company:
You will report directly to the Director of Account Performance. Your primary responsibilities will be to support multiple utility overhead (some underground) proposals; pre-bid meetings, visit potential job sites, gather bid documents, pricing sheets, specifications, take-offs, work with sub-contractors, put bid package together and participate in bid review meeting. You will work with Project Managers and others in the field to create good estimates. You will travel to job sites periodically to gather information for the estimates. Working and interacting with distribution over-head line field personal will be integral to success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management a plus
- 3+ years of field and 3+ years of in office estimating experience desired
- Experience and knowledge of field labor and equipment operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and blueprints
- Very good communications skills
- Exceptional excel skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately owned search and consulting firm, and we have been engaged exclusively to conduct this confidential search. We are selective about the clients for whom we work. That means we only conduct searches for quality companies who are solid employers. We do our best to maximize your time and get you reliable information with which to make your career decision… If your resume indicates a possible match with the qualifications, you will receive a phone call, but due to time constraints, we won't be able to contact everyone who sends a resume. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and we maintain a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information.
Thanks in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a phone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence. Those we believe may be qualified will receive a phone call to discuss the position and the opportunity. Once you have been contacted, you will receive feedback in a timely manner throughout the process, and the process will move at a reasonable pace.